X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I had trouble with a Kodak printer and googled Kodak printer service.  I dialed the number one of the top results without realizing it wasn't really Kodak.  I spoke to an agent with an Indian accent and just figured Kodak service was outsourced.  He told me it was impossible to determine whether the printer was at fault without checking the computer and had me download iYogi software to allow him to take control.  He downloaded Mac Keeper, and the analysis showed many corrupted files and security issues.  Then he showed me the computer's activity log and all the errors in it.  His conclusion was that my computer was at fault, rather than the printer.  In fact, every device on our home network was certainly infected, and for $399 his company, iYogi, could protect our network and devices for 3 years.  I wasn't about to spend that kind of money, so said I'd think about it.

I thought about it, and then it dawned on me that maybe I'd been tricked!  I googled again and found the real number for Kodak!  All the printer needed was a new printhead, a $9.99 part that they offered to send for free, since it was my first time!!!  I received it within a few days and the printer worked again!  The printer was at fault, not the computer, not the network!  I could've been out $399 for nothing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2014 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/iyogi/internet/iyogi-they-had-me-fooledalmost-internet-1186249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

iYogi-ART

AUTHOR: iYogi- Active Response Team - ()

POSTED: Monday, November 03, 2014

Dear Hal,

We are sorry to hear about the incident reported by you and we thank you for bringing this to our notice. We strive to deliver quality services after thorough diagnostics of the technical issue.

iYogi is an independent technical service provider and is not affiliated to Kodak or any 3rd party (unless specified). This is clearly stated at all our customer touch-points and web properties. Also, we follow stringent quality measures to ensure that all our callers are aware that they have reached iYogi Technical Services.

We are willing to investigate this incident and take appropriate action as per the findings however we require more specific details like date & time of the call and your contact details. Please send the required details at iYogicare[at]iyogi[dot]com.

Regards,

Active Response Team

iYogi

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair