Complaint Review: Jackson Hewitt - Lafayette Louisiana

• Submitted: Mon, September 08, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2009
  • Reported By: Kaplan Louisiana
  • Jackson Hewitt
    3503 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy.
    Lafayette, Louisiana

I went to jackson hewitt in the walmart shopping center on ambassador caffery in lafayette,la to do my taxes.i was speaking to a lady that seemed to be having trouble doing them, so she asked the help of her supervisor who took over the taxes and came up with a good refund to me which i questioned because it was more than i ever recived and she was claming milage to and from work for me and my wife even though i told her i dont have a buisness and we both just go straight to work without using vehicles for company use. she said it was ok so i signed.

after all she was the pro and the supervisor. well needless to say last month i recived an audit from the irs and went back to the location and found out she was not there any longer and that there was a mastake mad which was the milage, but agreed to pay me for the cost of the tax prepration, and the penality's.

a month later i still have not recived my money. i've called many times, and went over but just have not had any results. company keeps avoiding calls, and wont get back. i wrote a complaint to the better buisness bureau but they could not do nothing with it due to the nature. If any one in louisiana has experienced the same thing please respond, or with tips on where to go next.

Jared
Kaplan, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2008 05:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jackson-hewitt/lafayette-louisiana-70503/jackson-hewitt-fraud-lafayette-louisiana-370751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Coporate

AUTHOR: Taraos - (U.S.A.)

You need to contact the corporate office. They will make the franchisee take care of it.

Coporate

AUTHOR: Taraos - (U.S.A.)

1-877-476-3353

bad buisness

AUTHOR: Jbroussard55 - (U.S.A.)

were now december 09,2008 and i have recived my tax prep cost but still have not recived the money for the penality's. i've called abot 4 or 5 times withe no response from manager. even called main office in baton rouge, no return call. i did file a complaint with the irs and they are looking into it. (just want to remind everyone about jackson hewitt. (they have the worse buisness practice i've ever seen). any one can help with this problem please contact me.