Complaint Review: Jason Hanson - Baltimore Maryland

• Jason Hanson
    808 Saint Paul Street
    Baltimore, Maryland
    United States

Jason Hanson Spy & Survival Laizzez Faire books Without my knowledge or approval, upon paying a small shipping fee for a flashlight, I was sent unsolicited and unwanted literature regarding a spy and survivalist organization for which I later found out I was being billed $40.00 a month for each mailing. Baltimore Maryland

Each time I received this literature in the mail I marked it "REFUSED--RETURN TO SENDER" and took it back to the post office because I thought it was just something I was being constantly dunned for and did not knowingly subscribe to.

When I realized what was happening I immediately called Discover and filed Disputes against 12 of these mailings amounting to $480.00. Four of these disputes were eventually reversed in my favor, totaling $160.00 However the other 8 disputes totaling $320.00 were not reversed by the merchant.

I called the merchant multiple times during their business hours regarding this. I was put on hold indefinitely and couldn't speak to an agent. After weeks of trying, I was finally able to speak to an agent, from whom I did not receive satsifaction regarding reversal of the remaining charges to my Discover card. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I would be called back by the end of the day. I was not called. After a day passed I called back and explained that I had been told I would be called by a supervisor. I was never put in contact with a supervisor and no one made any further attempts to contact me by phone or email.

I called Discover on January 8th and was told that the remaining disputes were still open an they were waiting to hear from the merchant. I asked if they knew when they would hear from the merchant and was told they did not know. However, I checked my Discover statement online a day later and saw that the remaining 8 disputes had been closed and that the merchant had not agreed to reverse the $320.00 in charges in my favor. I called the merchant and was told that nothing more could be done and the matter had been resolved.

I am a senior on a fixed income. Because of the hard-heartedness of this merchant I was put in a financial bind. I had no Christmas. I wasn't able to buy any gifts for my family. My remaining insufficient funds had to go strictly to pay for food, doctor bills and utilities. The flashlight that I thought was the only thing I had paid for ($4.95 shipping fee) doesn't even work. In refusing to refund the remaining disputed charges I feel I have been taken advantage of by this merchant solely for financial gain. In good conscience, I couldn't do this to someone and feel good about myself. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2018 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jason-hanson/baltimore-maryland-21202/jason-hanson-spy-survivallaizzez-faire-books-without-my-knowledge-or-approval-upon-p-1422437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content