X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: JD Byrider - CNAC - Jacksonville Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: In Northeast Florida
  • JD Byrider - CNAC 5022 Gate Pkwy Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I am still in awe and shock about what these scam artists did to me!

I was told by a representative at CNAC that my broken-down car would be fixed at the local JD Byrider store and provided I made ONE payment while the car was in repair, I would be able to keep it. Now granted I was a couple of payments behind since I had no means of transportation except through co-workers and an occasional taxi; they PROMISED they would work with me until the car was fixed. I made the ONE payment as requested.

Two weeks later, I called CNAC to check the status of my car. I was told "it's being worked on. You'll have an answer back by the end of the week." Big mistake calling them.

Then the REPO letter came!

They had taken my car and SOLD it at an auction! It was never being fixed, turns out...just because I was two payments behind and this rep said he would work with me to get back on track...they ended up repossessing it, now damaging my credit for the next seven years! I was looking at buying a house with the promise of JD Byrider's slick ad..."GOOD CARS FOR PEOPLE WITH BAD CREDIT!!"...I am a GOOD person with NOW BAD credit because of their fancy sales tactics and slick finance managers! This too was also the first time I HAD ever been videotaped while buying a car! I objected to the videotaping but again another false promise..."we'll make sure that it gets erased." Doubt that ever happened.

So, now I am stuck with a $8,000 repo on my credit. I have disputed this with all three major bureaus and am waiting an answer back. I think this was a MAJOR RIP-OFF for them to repo the car and claiming to me that my car was being repaired. I would love to hear more from anyone who has had their car "stolen" back by CNAC since I am considering filing a MAJOR lawsuit against CNAC, not JD Byrider. I'm talking the tune of close to well over $100,000-plus if I can get enough people to join me. I even have the law firm ready to jump when I get enough petitioners.

PLEASE HELP ME STOP CNAC IN THESE DECEPTIVE PRACTICES!! CNAC IS A SCAM FINANCE COMPANY AND DESERVES TO BE INVESTIGATED, SUED, AND SHUT DOWN!!

Someone
In Northeast, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2007 07:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jd-byrider-cnac/jacksonville-florida-32256/jd-byrider-cnac-repossessed-my-vehicle-without-warning-jacksonville-florida-273832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Cory is Right

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
If I may more eloquently say, the financing company doesn't necessarily have to work with you unless you put that agreement in writing. If all you have are oral promises - they mean nothing. What you needed to do is try to renegotiate with your financing company and put it in writing. To come here and tell me someone broke a promise to you. you admitted breaking your word by not staying on time with payments. So I see broken promises committed on both sides.

I understand it's harsh and probably not what you wanted to hear. However, you don't end up at a place like CNAC if you have a credit score of 800 - bottom line.

I feel ya!

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
I have had a tremendous amount of experience with these leaches. I will file a rip-off report of my own as soon as i get the time (it's quite in depth) as I have been dealing with them for about 3 years (my car will be paid off in march, 2008). Some advice, They don't like the BBB and FTC etc. So if you or any one else has experienced a legitimate violation of your rights, please report CNAC, JD Byrider and others to the appropriate governing authority. IMMEDIATELY! also take a looky at their track record of complaints. carve out a weekend or so, though. right now we are playing Hide-n-Seek. "They are IT"! Not because I won't pay, because they will not accept my payments?! How crazy is that?! My credit is impeccable with over 30 accounts and zero late pymnts (including 3 other cars) well except for cnac of course (now showing 30 days past due) and the repo man continues to creep by nightly and has even been to my landlords personal residence, leaving messages on thier personal vehicles too, with my name etc on a "REPO" card! Also, The collectors that work for the company start at a pretty high salary and get around $1600 a month in bonus/so So I'd be happy to join in whatever ya got!

Who are YOU to judge MY credit, Cory?!

AUTHOR: Someone In Florida - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
What matters in this instance, Cory, in response to your demeaning, hateful, and dergatory post about my credit should NOT be YOUR concern! I was addressing an issue about how CNAC repossessed my vehicle after saying they would work with me...i.e. false claims! Not about someone's credit or the so-called 'POS' car I got! Okay, so I was looking for a car at the time and did NOT know of CNAC's deceptive practices until I looked them up here and saw what mess I got myself into AFTER the car was taken! Besides, my beacon score is in the mid-600's, so I don't personally think that "sucks", like you said.

You need to learn not to judge others as only one being judges us in the final say, Cory. Think about your actions before you libel someone...the posting may have come from anyone, let alone an attorney or some in the judicial realm. Words can be cruel, yes, but defaming someone over a credit issue is so petty.

This is more of a financing and false, misleading action post to begin with.

Interesting

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
"Now granted I was a COUPLE payments behind..." "...JUST because I was TWO payments behind....". This guy wonders why they repoed his vehicle because he was JUST a COUPLE of payments behind, like it's NO BIG DEAL. No wonder his credit sucks. Then he goes on to state "...now damaging my credit for the next seven years". IF his credit was any good to begin with, he wouldn't be buying some POS vehicle from this ripoff car dealer in the first place. These people always frickkin amaze me.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair