X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: JD Byrider - Lansing Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lansing Michigan
  • JD Byrider 4811 S Cedar Lansing, Michigan U.S.A.

JD Byrider 24.9% interest, $4-$7K mark ups on cars, and unbelievable harassment!!! Lansing Michigan

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
JD Byrider is not a bad place to get a car if you are desperate for a vehicle, have a low paying job, multiple repossessions, and no money down. Otherwise, there a lots of other places to go to get a better car, with a warranty, for cheaper without the turmoil.

I bought my car there in Feb. 2004 and it's paid off now but boy was it a pain in the rear end. I used my tax return to get my first financed car and I paid 24.9% in interest and come to find out...my credit was NOT THAT bad (with my $1500 down payment and only medical bills on my credit, I was told that I could have gotten a car lots of places)!!! After 2 years, I still owed $7k on the vehicle and I wanted to trade it in for something newer.

Come to find out, the 1998 Chevy Cavalier with 102000 miles on it was only worth $3500( go to Kelley Blue Book.com before you ever go to a place like Byrider) in 2004, so how can I owe double what the car was worth when I was paying on it for two years??? I will tell you.

They get a cheap car, put a $5-$7K mark up on it and tell you it's for the warranty and building your credit. HOGWASH!!! Taking a $3500 car, marking it up to $10K, and then adding 24.9% interest on it is borderline insanity!!! My total cost for the car was over $15,000 which means I paid for the car 4 times over AND SOME CHANGE before I was done and that is ridiculous!!!

Lastly, over three and a half years, I was late on my payment exactly three times due to a payroll change from weekly to biweekly and a job change. Each time, I was harassed at home and at work and was talked to as if I was a child , multiple times per day, ("why are you late, your contract says you must pay at this time, you better have some money here today or drop off the car"), not a paying customer. You would think that they would be more appreciative for a customer who paid them on time 99% of the time.

I paid the car off and lost the headache. The way I feel as a first time buyer, hit me on the interest or the mark up but not both. This was legal sodomy. And the warranty that they raved about didn't save me any money. Even if you have bad credit, save up $500-$1000 and go to RPM or Shaheen and they will help you. Why pay $400 a month for almost four years for a 8-10 year old car with 100,000 miles when you can get a 4-6 year old car or truck, with less miles for less per month (and you can buy a better warranty for $20-$40 PER MONTH)?

You may ask why am i writing this now? They sold a car to my 19 year old neice, who could not afford the car and was certainly not ready to get a vehicle without a co signer, and now she was repossessed and her credit is ruined. They put people behind the 8 ball. Now my neice will have that on her credit until she is way older and this will stop her and her daughter from getting a home in the near future all because JD Byrider wanted to make a couple of bucks off a naive teenager.

Stop the insanity, predatory loans, and borderline illegal usury and let's send JD Byrider back into the hole that they came out of!!!

Dontgetripped
Lansing, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jd-byrider/lansing-michigan-48933/jd-byrider-249-interest-4-7k-mark-ups-on-cars-and-unbelievable-harassment-lansing-320886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair