Complaint Review: JD MARVEL PRODUCTS INC. - CHAMPLAIN NEW YORK

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2001
  • Reported By:
  • JD MARVEL PRODUCTS INC.
    PO BOX 3270
    CHAMPLAIN, NEW YORK

JD MARVEL RIPS OFF RETIRED COUPLE

*0:

I am writing this on behalf of my retired parents who live on a fixed income. My mom asked me to check into JD Marvel Company online, since she isn't computer savvy.

First off, to JD Marvel Company, its owners, bigwigs and employees: GOD knows and sees what you are doing!

Now on to my parents' story: They have both had health problems for the last couple of years and my 72-year-old father has just recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. In their catalog, JD Marvel company claims that their slippers are great for diabetics, so my mother ordered two pair for my dad a few months ago. As of this date, their check has been cashed and the money taken from their account and there is NO sign of any slippers.

I've just read all the complaints about this company and am afraid that it doesn't sound like there much hope for getting their money refunded. Keep in mind that it wasn't a large amount of money.....BUT, a bunch of 'not large amounts of money' sure add up to a huge amount of money when multiplied by a large number of unsatisfied customers. How many consumers have they scammed out of a 'little bit of money'?

I now have the unenviable task of calling my mother and informing her of what I have found out. I just wonder how many other folks in their retirement community were sent the JD Marvel catalog and were taken by them. It's a shame with our world in such a turmoil that there are people out there who will take advantage of others for 'a little bit of money'. Remember, some day we will all have to answer for our actions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jd-marvel-products-inc/champlain-new-york-12919/jd-marvel-rips-off-retired-couple-8206. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author