X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Jean Williams, Shop Through The Ages, Nostalgic Dreams Inc. - Dexter New York

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Orangevale California
  • Jean Williams, Shop Through The Ages, Nostalgic Dreams Inc. 600 William Street E-3 Dexter, New York U.S.A.

Jean Williams Shop Through The Ages Nostalgic Dreams Beware fraudulent scam artist order and you get nothing Dexter New York

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I made an order with this seller in early December 2002. Because of some supposed renovations with the website and accounts, the seller would only allow payment by check and money order. In good faith, I sent my invoice as well as the check payment.

The business owner, Jean Williams, cashed my check nine days later. I did not receive any confirmation in e-mail, so I sent an e-mail. The note I received back indicated that the systems were down at the time, and that the records could not be checked until everything was up, which was supposed to be the first week of January.

A seemingly nice gesture appeared that week. An e-mail notification was sent out to customers indicating that the store was up, and the systems were ready to go again. That e-mail message indicated that anyone with current orders should contact listed e-mail addresses if they wanted to check the status of their order.

Over the next month and a half, I sporadically sent three e-mails to the preorder e-mail address. All three e-mails received only an automatic response listing the same information as the initial reopening e-mail.

At this point, I used all e-mail addresses I could find to contact Shop Through the Ages/Jean Williams. I got only automatic replies or nothing at all. His phone number has never been in service. I had a friend contact Shop Through the Ages, indicating she was interested in making a purchase, and she received an eager e-mail back saying to check out the website to make a purchase since it was then back up again.

It would seem, after encountering a previous report on this website, and finally making my way to the Better Business Bureau that I am just another victim of Shop Through the Ages's fraudulent business system. All consumers avoid this merchant at all costs!

Brandon
Orangevale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2003 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jean-williams-shop-through-the-ages-nostalgic-dreams-inc/dexter-new-york-13634-3079/jean-williams-shop-through-the-ages-nostalgic-dreams-beware-fraudulent-scam-artist-order-a-46718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair