X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: JENNIFER L STEVESON - HAMPTON Virginia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: HOLLAND Michigan
  • JENNIFER L STEVESON 100 TYBURN CT HAMPTON, Virginia U.S.A.

Won item on ebay. I sent money order #70036. I never received item. She says she sent it but she has no proof that she sent it. I have been waiting since 8/3/03 for item.

Dennis
HOLLAND, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2003 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jennifer-l-steveson/hampton-virginia-23669/jennifer-l-steveson-ripoff-send-money-for-item-won-on-ebay-never-receive-item-hampton-virg-67244. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#4 Consumer Suggestion

I am sorry to hear this situation has happened.

I am a longtime ebay seller (300+ sales, no negs or neutrals) and you made the mistake of not purchasing delivery confirmation. This protects the seller, not the buyer. You should always build this into your shipping cost so you are not asking the buyer to purchase this seperately.

Ultimately you the seller are responsible for making sure the package arrives to the buyer. I see many sellers who state in their auctions that if insurance or delivery confimation is not purchased, the seller cannot be held responsible. THIS IS NOT TRUE. The seller IS responsible. Now that the buyer claims non reciept, if they file mail fraud or a PayPal complaint, you have no way of proving you sent thier purchase. A post office receipt will not be considered proof of shipment as it does not contain a street address. And PayPal will only accept an online trackable method such as delivery confirmation.

My advice to you would be to refund the buyer in full, and get delivery confirmation on EVERYTHING you send from now on.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Response to Unfounded Claim that Item was not Sent...

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, October 14, 2003
We were involved in an on-line transaction and the customer sent the money order to me and did not purchase firest class or expedited shipping. The item was then shipped to the buyers home via Parcel Post, which does not offer any tracking information. As the item cannot be tracked, I have no way to determine what happened to the item once it left my post office. I have provided the receipt from the post office that indicates that the item was mailed to the buyers zip code. I cannot be sure that the item did or did not arrive, but that is why I encourage buyers to purchase delivery confirmation. The buyer did not purchase this option and the item was sent as requested.

I believe that the buyers claim, as it appears above, was unfounded and unfair. I do believe that there should be an avenue for buyers and sellers to work out disagreements for transactions, and there is - it is accomplished through a service provided where the transaction occured, not here on a generic web page because readers here are unfamiliar with the transaction as it occurred. This method of is an unfair way to resolve the disagreement.

I have forwarded this information to the service where our transaction occured and they are investigating it because this would be considered slander and defamation of character in the "real" world. I believe that because the person who wrote this claim can not be seen in real life, so to speak, he can hide behind his computer monitor and keyboard and say what he wishes.

This method of conducting business should not be tolerated as people, such as myself, are the ones who suffer from it.

I, again, have done all that I can with this buyer to resolve this issue but there is nothing further that I can do.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair