Complaint Review: JG Tax Group

• JG Tax Group

Nationwide
    USA

JG Tax Group aka Galante Group Paid for Work Not Done Deerfield Beach Florida

First of all, I signed an agreement that included no refund.  Buyer Beware...

I hired this firm to represent me in two IRS audits.  I paid $5900 upfront.  I told them of existing cases already with the IRS Appeals office and in tax court.  After hiring JG Tax Group my tax attorney representing the other case advised me to consolidate these cases.  I canceled the case with JG Tax Group and asked for a refund.

The only work performed by JG Tax Group was limited power of attorney forms and document request sent to IRS on form letters.  JG Tax Group had never received any of my files, nor did they do any work on submitting requested audit documents as none were ever sent.  It was less than a week between hiring and then canceling.

I was happy to pay for any work performed, but JG Tax Group was not willing to refund a dime.

I would not recommend this firm.  I can understand the no refund policy for taking a client, performing hours of work, then only to cancel - but this was definitely not the case in my situation.

I even offered to settle for $5000 of the $5900 paid, which seems more than fair for the work performed (sending template forms to the IRS).

They refused, so far.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2015 09:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jg-tax-group/nationwide/jg-tax-group-aka-galante-group-paid-for-work-not-done-deerfield-beach-florida-1233193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content