X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: John W. Scherer Ceo - Video Professor - Internet Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Shannon — Lincoln Nebraska United States of America
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • John W. Scherer Ceo - Video Professor Internet United States of America

John W. Scherer Ceo - Video Professor LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!! Internet

*Author of original report: An automatic email from CEO

*Author of original report: Still no response

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I decided to try their trial for digital photography.  What a mistake that was!  I told them I was going to return it, I mailed it but it was returned due to not enough postage.  In that time I was charged $389. I was told my refund would take 7-21 business days.  Odd but I figured ok.  Well, when it was close to 14 days I called to check on the status because I figured it should not take the full 21 business days.  I was then informed that I was told the wrong information and that it takes 21- 30 business days.  I was furious, asked to speak to a supervisor, spoke to one and was told there was no one above them.  I continued to call every two days and kept being told there was nothing that can be done.  When the 30 business days were up what a surprise NO REFUND.  I called and was told that they would issue a quick refund which takes 7 -10 business days.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told there were none there.  I was given a different number to call and got the exact same person who I was talking to on the other number.  And surprise surprise there was a supervisor now.  I got frustrated and was done with the call.  I called again a couple of days later and then was told no not 7 -10 business days but 10-15!  How is that a quick refund?  Well those days are up a week ago.  They have had my  money since February 20 and it is now May 7!  I have been trying to call them since April 28 and received a message that they were closed and same message again on the 29th.  Now the message says they are updating their system to online.  I wonder why?  They must be sick of people calling wondering where their refund is!  I have sent multiple emails to them and haven't received one back.  While looking for another phone number to contact them I found this site and figured I will report them every 24 hours until my  money is here.  The weekend is no exception!  I also reported them to the BBB.  Maybe one of these will get them off their lying rears!  Update you in 24 hours!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2010 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/john-w-scherer-ceo-video-professor/internet/john-w-scherer-ceo-video-professor-liar-liar-pants-on-fire-internet-601081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

An automatic email from CEO

AUTHOR: Shannon - (United States of America)

POSTED: Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I received an email back from the CEO John.  However, it seems quite like an automatic response which is not acceptable in my books.  I am copying the response below:

Re: Current bbb and rip off report submissions?
From: Offlineceo (ceo@videoprofessor.com)
Sent: Tue 5/11/10 2:21 PM
To: Shannon Marie (shannonmarie01@hotmail.com)

Video Professor is currently transitioning to an automated online customer response system. If you are contacting Video Professor with a refund request, please be aware that we are not processing any credit card transactions at this time and therefore are unable to process refunds. Please contact your banking institution directly for more information on how to receive a refund. Please be assured that you will receive your refund.

At this time our Customer Service Department is no longer available. Again, if you are requesting a refund you must contact your banking institution.

In the meantime, if you have a product for which you are seeking a refund, please keep the product as our gift. Also, check out all of our online lessons (all 65 titles) available at www.videoprofessor.com. For the time being, they are completely free - no credit card is required to access the lessons and there is no obligation.

Video Professor

Pretty Pathetic in my thought process.  Still haven't received a phone call from anyone and I have left more than enough messages.

Still no response

AUTHOR: Shannon - (United States of America)

POSTED: Monday, May 10, 2010

Well, I spent a good chunk of time sending contact requests to the company and searching for a phone number that actually works.  The only one that doesn't give you the automated response that they are currently updating their systems and go to their website is 303-232-1244.  Which eventually says the same thing but gives you the option to enter an extension. At first I randomly punched numbers until I got one that went through.  I found out that if you keep punching numbers when it tells you it doesn't exist when you get one that does it finally transfers you.  I kept track of the numbers I tried and the ones that work.  Eventually I found an easier way.  Press pound and you can enter through first names.  I started random again but then found I start with Z press pound and it gives me the last name in the directory.  Then I press pound again to accept it and left a message.  I called back pressed z again and then pressed 1 which gave me the person in front of that one.  I have left messages I think for everyone in the directory.  That was Friday.  I'm doing it again today.  I have also sent more emails with no response.  I guess nobody works there because no one answers ever!  Today, I am emailing John himself since I found his email address which is CEO@videoproffesor.com.  Maybe I'll actually get a response.  Probably not though.

I will update again soon

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair