X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: John's Automotive Inc. - Montclair New Jersey

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: montclair, New Jersey
  • John's Automotive Inc. 4 Lackawanna Plaza Montclair, New Jersey U.S.A.

John's Automotive Inc. / Rodney Taylor - Mechanic consumer rip-off fraud Montclair New Jersey

*Author of original report: corrected the dates that I noticed were not accurate

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I took my car to John's Automotive on 4/26/03 to have them replace the timing chain which I was charged $430.00 that I paid on 4/22/03 only then to be told now I needed a fuel pump that I had no problem with when I took it there. I was furious and I was told that my car after being told twice it was ready to be picked up(4/29/03,then called on 4/13/03)now It would be ready by Tuesday, 4/27/03 and again it had not even been touched.

Again I was told it would be repaired by Friday 5/30/03 and it was not and now there suddenly was another problem that needed repair, the pulley which also had no problem when I took it there. Now this would be repaired and I could pick up my car on Sat. 4/31/03 by 12:00 pm which ended up being 5:30 pm and only to have them bring my car uot to me sounding like it was ready for the junk yard.

The mechanic Rodney Taylor continued and still to this day tries to tell me that all it needs is a tune-up. Upon my receiving my supposedly repaired car I in driving it found that it was not in the shape it should have been. The car was backfiring,hesitating and idling very high which I took it to another mechanic who informed me that John's did a poor job and that the timing on my car was way off.I returned to John's, to Rodney with my issues only to have him still want me to believe that all it needs is a tune-up. I am not giving up on trying to get the work I paid for corrected. I now must have my car towed after just picking it up on Monday, 6/2/03. Can You Please help me?

Tabitha
montclair,, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2003 11:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/johns-automotive-inc/montclair-new-jersey-07042/johns-automotive-inc-rodney-taylor-mechanic-consumer-rip-off-fraud-montclair-new-je-59881. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

corrected the dates that I noticed were not accurate

AUTHOR: Tabitha - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, June 08, 2003
I just need to correct the dates that I noticed were not accurate. As I stated, I took the car to John's Automotive Inc.

on 4/26/03 and was contacted on 4/29/03 to pick it up. Repairs had been done. I personally saw the car being moved in and out of the garage. Again on 5/13/03 I was called by the owners wife as to when I would be picking up my car and I informed her that I had spoken to R. Taylor and told him that I would pick the car up on 5/22/03(not 4/22/03).

I as stated previously paid him $430.00 for the timing chain which was repaired so the said and now there was a problem with the fuel pump which was fine before I gave them my car. Now I was told he'd have my car ready for me by Tuesday 5/27/03 due to the holiday.

When I went to him on 5/27/03 the car was not touched and I'd have to wait another day which then ended up being Sat. 5/31/03 only to find now that another problem existed, the pulley which also was fine prior to them working on my car. He said it would be ready on Monday 6/02/03.

I picked up my car only to find it it worse shape then it was when I took it for repair. as of today 6/8/03 my car isn't running and it must be towed from Newark because it stalled on 6/5/03 and would not start. I gave this shop too much money for my car to not be fixed correctly and I am tired of this mechanic, R. Taylor trying to make a fool out of me by constantly telling me that all I need is a tune-up to correct all the problems my car has only since having been in their shop.

Again I ask, Please help me to have them repair my car as I struggled to pay them to do.
Sincerely,

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair