X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Joni's Beach Rentals - Panama City Beach Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Alabama Alabama
  • Joni's Beach Rentals bchrentals.com Panama City Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Joni's Beach Rentals No cancellation policy listed on site or receipt, but they're trying to keep my deposit Panama City Beach Florida

*Author of original report: Got almost a full refund after I filed this report

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I rented a beachfront condo from Joni's Beach Rentals of Panama City Beach, FL. The advance weekend beach weather forecast turned very bad a little over 3 days before the weekend, so I called to cancel.

According to Florida Statutes 559.932, all terms of the deposit must be clearly stated on all offerings and receipts. They didn't prominently state a cancellation policy on their web site athe time of booking or on their receipt, which means that I have the right to cancel anytime I want and receipt a full refund as I didn't use their services, and also because they are in violation of the law. Many resorts allow a full refund if cancelled at least 48 hours prior to arrival. I'm contesting the deposit charge to my credit card as a result.

SonOfTheBeach
Alabama, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2009 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jonis-beach-rentals/panama-city-beach-florida/jonis-beach-rentals-no-cancellation-policy-listed-on-site-or-receipt-but-theyre-trying-455160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Got almost a full refund after I filed this report

AUTHOR: Ripped off & pissed off - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, May 27, 2009
After I filed this report, only a day later I got a refund of $125 of my $150. I don't have a problem with this except that they owe me a whole refund, but I'll gladly settle for this. The case is closed and I'm moving on minus $25. I still suggest you don't do business with Joni's Beach Rentals of Panama City Beach, Florida regardless as I shouldn't have to file reports like this to get my money back.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair