X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Juno

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Savoy IL
  • Juno www.Juno.com U.S.A.

Juno ripoff unable to contact and talk to a human

Last year I was using Juno Gold. on June 28, 201 I cancelled that account. This was verified by a screen box. I went on free AOL for one year. 'Reopened' my Juno account June 27, 2002. Found I had been paying $18.95 per month for the past year and my account had never been closed. (My bills are paid by a service. I, thinking the Juno Gold account was terminated, did not inform that service I had closed the Juno account, this much is my fault.)

The Juno billing department said they were not informed I had closed my account and could do nothing about it. I wanted to go on the Juno Platinum ($9.95 month) so Juno billing said they would give me one month free to compensate for my loss. Let's see, I get $9.95 free to compensate for a $227.42 loss. Don't quite add up but I said I would try Juno Platinum.

In the two weeks since I have been on Juno Platinum I have received many, many Juno e-mailing telling me what a great service they were. Yet of the fifteen to twenty e-mails I had been receiving daily I had NO e-mails for the next two weeks.

Mailers began to call asking why I was not answering my mail. I missed the funeral of a dear relative due to being 'notified' by Juno Platinum service.

Enough was enough. On July 5, 2002 I terminated my Juno Platinum account. I again received verification of this by a screen message. Same as a year ago.
I have given up hope of a refund on the first cancellation that the Juno Billing department did not receive. If that is again the case Juno is out of luck this time. I informed my bill payment service never to pay another Juno bill.

My reason for venting my spleen through www.ripoff.com is that I have been totally unable to reach anything on Juno except automated messages. Otherwise I would have dealt with Juno screen to screen or over the phone.

My advice is don't use Juno.

Thanks for the use of your site.

Donald
Savoy, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2002 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/juno/-/juno-ripoff-unable-to-contact-and-talk-to-a-human-1034572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content