X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Kanallakan General Building Contractors - Rim Forest California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: laguna hills California
  • Kanallakan General Building Contractors 26375 Pine Ave Rim Forest, California U.S.A.

Kanallakan General Building Contractors ripoff, overcharged, duplicate charges, sub standard work, abandonment, unprofessional conduct, unprepared, charged for work not done, incomptent Rim Forest California

*Consumer Comment: Hello, what is the verdict

*Author of original report: Kanallakan General Contractors continues to rip off unsuspecting customers

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
On Sept 16th 2003, Kanallakan General Building Contractors were hired to remodel a small bathroom and shower. Mr. Kanallakan stated the job would take 4 days to complete. The nightmare began when Mr. Kanallakn hired a Gentlemen to lay the tile who had never layed bathroom tile before. That was just the beginning of our problems. The shower was not even sloped properly so water does not drain properly and just sits in the corner. Nothing is leveled or straight it all has to be ripped out by another contractor and started all over that includes the floor tile that also is not level. The walls behind the tile were not prepared properly for the tile to be layed but he charged for work he didn't even do.

His worker that he hired off a street corner(not to our knowledge) walked off the job and told us in spanish that Mr. Kanallakan was not doing the job properly and he didn't want any part of it.

At that point Mr. Kanallakn tried to do the job himself he was drinking and cursing in front of my 9 year old daughter. He had no idea what he was doing.

My sink is being held up by a 2x4 underneath it with a huge gap between the counter and the sink. He said he would have to build something to make the sink higher 36'inches which standard is 31'inches and charged me more. This was a total lie.

He abandoned the job on Sept. 29th 2003 after he told me he was done and I paid him in full $6,031.76 (not including materials of $2,000 which I paid for). The contract was originally for $4,660.95 but he just kept adding on fraudulent charges and I did not realize he was a con man. When I added up the contract he should of only charged $5,833.21. He overcharged me $199.55 per the contract agreement and has never returned my money.
He left the wall between the toliet and shower totally unfinished and it honestly looks like a child came in and did the work.

I have had two other contractors come in and both have said that the job has to be completely redone and the cost would be $5,4000. I do not have the money to fix this and we have been without a bathroom for 4 weeks now.
I am upset and frustrated and would appreciate any help or guidance from anyone. He is licensed and bonded. His license # is 548427.

He sent me a letter saying we bought sub-standard products from home depot but he went with us and told us what to buy. I have also talked with the Home depot and they have had no problems with any of the merchandise that I purchased.

He never had one licensed or professional person on this job and he was the most incompetent person I had ever met.
After his guy walked out on him he didn't even know what he was doing.
He also stained my brand new cement driveway with some sort of chemical when he was trying to do his work on it.
He would show up at my house at 3:00 or 4:00 pm and stay until 11:00 pm on school nights on a Sunday.
At this point I have paid over $8,000 dollars for a small bathroom remodel and it still cannot be used and has to be completely redone.

I was ripped off and I feel like the dumbest person alive. I would just like my money back so I can pay another contractor to fix the job.

Dara
laguna hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2003 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kanallakan-general-building-contractors/rim-forest-california-92378/kanallakan-general-building-contractors-ripoff-overcharged-duplicate-charges-sub-standa-68885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Hello, what is the verdict

AUTHOR: Kraze - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, May 30, 2007
You said you went to court, what is the verdict, did you get the money back or what?

Kraze..

Kanallakan General Contractors continues to rip off unsuspecting customers

AUTHOR: Dara - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, January 17, 2004
I will be going to court on March 22,2004 to try to recover some of the money stolen from me from Kanallakan General Contractors. I will also be suing his bond company American Contractors Indemnity Company. Even though I am the fifth person trying to claim his bond the surety company turned down all the other claims and have renewed his bond again. The surety company is as much to blame as the contractor because they are aware of what he is doing and they just don't care.

The person claiming the bond before me claimed they paid Mr Kanallakan in full including materials but he kept all the money and didn't pay for the materials. The people had to pay for the materials twice. I was told this by his bonding company.

Then another customer he tore apart her kitchen and mare a mess of it and then claims she wouldn't let him return. That is the same sad excuse he is using in my case. Mr. Kanallakn is trying to make his kids into a prof.Ice Skaters and he claims he needs $500.00 a day for lessons.

I guess the only way he can get this much money is to steal from unsuspecting customers. He also claims he has 120 employees and make $160,000 per week. All this man does is lie. If anyone can help me in anyway to expose this con artist it would be greatly appreciated.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair