Complaint Review: Kangarooaupair.com - Nationwide

• Reported By: AngelV. — Pensacola Florida United States
  • Kangarooaupair.com

Nationwide
    United Kingdom

Kangarooaupair.com Anderson Cooper Fake Family Seeking Information on American Girls

I recently joined a website called Kangarooaupair.com to become an Au pair abroad and a single father contacted me saying that he was interested in me becoming a live in babysitter for his son. He had a very intriguing story claiming that he worked vigorous hours in telecommunications, his wife died in a car accident and that he needed help taking care of his son. He said he would pay for my travel expences, documents including a passport I would need to go to London and he would give me a weekly allowance of 650 euros plus allowance to pay for his son's needs. He had asked me for my resume, a few pictures to see if his son would like me, and then more questions on how I would be a positive impact on his son's life. The first emails were standard but then the emails started to seem robotic/rehearsed/automated like someone had copy and pasted these messages. I asked him several times if we could set up a skype video call because I wanted to feel 100% comfortable with the process. He never reponded or mentioned skype and before you knew it, I got an email saying congratualtions I got the job. That's when I knew the situation was entirely fake. I would continue to get emails including a contract letter, UK border agency form, application questionaire, UK application form and a few emails from his barrister aka lawyer stating I had a deadline to fill everything out by the 4th of January. I looked up the barrister's name and email address online and in plain sight the email was on a scammers website.

I went back on the au pair website to explain that the user on the site was fake and they never responded. I filled out a second report explaining that no one has contacted me about the issue and still no one responded so I believe that the website itself is sketchy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2018 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kangarooaupaircom/nationwide/kangarooaupaircom-anderson-cooper-fake-family-seeking-information-on-american-girls-1421848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content