Complaint Review: Kaplan University

• Kaplan University
    www.Kaplan.edu
    Internet

Kaplan University Ripped off by Kaplan University Internet Internet

I had to drop out of Kaplan University last year. Several months later I was notified that I owed Kaplan money. Previous to this my adviser had asked me to ensure I didn't owe any money, which I'd already done, so getting a bill was confusing. I called my adviser several times and left messages, but didn't hear anything back. I talked to a few other people a Kaplan, but didn't get the information necessary to comprehend what was happening. Finally, I got transferred to Billing, and they explained that "Yes" you do owe the money, and they explained why. Apparently, when I quit in the middle of the quarter, the Financing I'd gotten was resended.

Later, while talking to the billing person, it was suggested that I apply for a City Bank Student Loan, which I did. A couple of days ago, I received a letter from the loan company telling me that the loan was denied because Kaplan said I was intelligible. Now they've taken me to a collection agency.

Why would they suggest I apply for a loan, then deny me? I tried to call Kaplan again, but wasn't forwarded to billing, only told that they would pass the message on.

Sharon
Lynnwood, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2007 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university/internet/kaplan-university-ripped-off-by-kaplan-university-internet-internet-286023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content