X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Kindercare - San Jose California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: santa clara California
  • Kindercare 1081 Foxworthy Avenue San Jose, California U.S.A.

Kindercare Intentionally under-staffed & over enrolled San Jose California

*Consumer Comment: Did you file a complaint with the State Licensing Board?

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
As a former employee, I can tell you that if your child is enrolled at Kindercare you would be wise to do a few surprise visits, at multiple times of day.

The child to teacher ratio is often over the limit of stated licensing regulations. Usually during nap time, I was told just to keep the kids on their cots, even when ALL of the kids were wide awake; One teacher for fourteen Toddlers, (sometimes with a few infants "visiting"), was not an unusual occurrence. More often than not I was the only teacher in the room during these times, Can you imagine being a Toddler, and being required to stay on your cot for 3 hours, when youre wide awake?

The staffing situations were awful.
Because we were intentionally understaffed and over enrolled, both teachers and children were shifted from classroom to classroom to "keep ratio" and pay as little staff as possible. I actually heard a conference call between corporate and several directors, stating that their policy was to over enroll and keep the staff to a minimum!
Continuity of care was NOT a big concern.

Another policy (at least at my former center) was to require staff to come to work even when they are sick with the flu. Also, they allowed sick children and children with conjunctivitis to come to school.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.
Kindercare is much more interested in profit than in the children in their care, and the director for whom I worked was more interested in climbing the corporate ladder, than in supporting the children and staff of her center.

Sincerely,
Anonymous employee

Anonymous
santa clara, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2008 03:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kindercare/san-jose-california-95118/kindercare-intentionally-under-staffed-over-enrolled-san-jose-california-313561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Did you file a complaint with the State Licensing Board?

AUTHOR: Kgonzales - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, March 25, 2008
I hope you filed a complaint with the State of CA Licensing Board, as well as posting a complaint on this website. Issues like these need to be documented and have attention to it for the sake of our children. These children can't speak and tell us what's going on, and how are we to know if we trust in the daycare center and the teachers to care for our children?

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair