X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: KooBay.com - Warren, NJ 07059 Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: mulgrew — Waldorf Maryland United States of America
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

The customer service is lousy and you never get to speak to a live person.  I previously bought a tablet from Koobay.com.  It was an absolute nightmare.  I made the credit card purchase online in August of 2011. We did not receive the tablet until one month later in September.  The tablet came in a U.S. postal box wrapped in bubble wrap.  We could tell it had been used and not new, because upon turning it on the calendar had already been set up with entries.  I immediately contacted Koobay to explain the situation; they told me to return the tablet for replacement.

Not only did I pay $10.00 in postage to return the tablet in October, but Koobay also wanted to charge me another $29.00 to return the tablet to the manufacturer (so they say...).  After waiting four months, and multiple emails and unsuccessful phone calls that went into voicemail, we finally took delivery of what was supposed to be the brand new replacement.  To our disappointment the tablet was damaged during the shipping.

After six months of inconvenience and frustration that we experienced, we requested a full refund, but was told a $29.00 fee to ship the tablet back to the manufacturer would be deducted from our refund.  We have filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office to obtain the $29.00.  Save yourself the frustration and go elsewhere.  They provide the worst service that I have ever experienced. Because they are out of China they feel that they cannot be reprimanded.  They will not honor their refund policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2012 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/koobaycom/internet/koobaycom-does-not-honor-refund-policy-sent-us-used-product-internet-853867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair