X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Kwik Kar - Alvin Innovative Opportunities - Alvin Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Alvin Texas
  • Kwik Kar - Alvin Innovative Opportunities 2660 S. Highway 35 Bypass Alvin, Texas U.S.A.

Kwik Kar Alvin Innovative Opportunities ripoff did not drain out old oil just added 5 qt.s on top of it ripoff liars victimized us Alvin Texas

*Consumer Comment: Kwiker is not always better

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I took my 1997 GMC ext. cab. P/U to get a routine oil change @ Kwik Kar in Alvin. They did not drain out the old oil before putting (5)quarts of new oil in. The end result was they burned up my lower engine. They agreed it was there fault and they would fix the problem and cover any expenses we incurred.

Kwik Kar set me up with a rental for the time that the truck would be repaire. The repair work that took 2 weeks was done by my mechanic. When the bill was submitted they refused to pay the whole bill saying they did not authorize it. They told my mechanic just do what needs to be done to get it back on the road.

I told the mecanic to put it back in the same condition it was before the oil change. Kwik kar then renigged out of the 2nd week of the rental stating that they did not authorize all the repairs that were done. It took my mechanic 5 days to get any money from Kwik Kar after several calls from my husband, the mechanic and myself asking where the payment was.

They short paid the bill by $400.00 which we had to cover alond with $800.00 rental truck plus towing fees from Louisiana which is where I was when the truck broke down. There were hotel bills, car rental from LA to Texas, cell bills & much more.

At this point it has been a month and I am going to have to take them to small claims court to get my money back because, they will not return any calls. Bottom line is it cost about $3000.00 for an oil change @ Kwik Kar in Alvin.

Susan
Alvin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2003 07:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kwik-kar-alvin-innovative-opportunities/alvin-texas-77511/kwik-kar-alvin-innovative-opportunities-ripoff-did-not-drain-out-old-oil-just-added-5-qts-52347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Kwiker is not always better

AUTHOR: Hector - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, May 30, 2007
The problem with these establishments is there are not certified technicians servicing your vehicle. This is a "rookie" mistake at best. What is good about these Kwik Lubes, we'll there quick, cheap, but it that what you want when your livelihood depends on the vehicle that transports you pretty much everywhere. Find a repair facility that can cater to all of your needs with certified technicians and stick with them.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair