X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Lap Tops For Less - Anaheim California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: chicago Illinois
  • Lap Tops For Less 2995 East White Star Ave Anaheim, California U.S.A.

Lap Tops For Less ripoff defective replacement battery destroyed my PDA refused to refund money or fix PDA Anaheim California

I bought a replacement battery for my PDA from Laptopsforless. I installed the battery and it was fine for two weeks. The battery then expanded to three times it's normal thickness inside my PDA.

My PDA was destroyed. The delicate electronics no longer functioned. I contacted Laptopsforless. They did bnot believe their battery was defective and they asked I send it to them. I sent them the battery. I received an email confirmation that they got the defective battery.

They offered to replace the battery. I told them the PDA it fit no longer worked. Their battery had destroyed my PDA. They refused to compensate me for the loss of the PDA.

I contacted the Better Business Bureau. Laptopsforless then claimed they never received the defective battery from me. I forwarded the copy of their email and then they admitted they had the bad battery.

They still refused to repair my PDA or at the very least give me a refund. After months of back and forth emails. They sent me a replacement battery for a PDA I no longer have and told me as far as they were concerned , the matter was settled.

Philip
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2006 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lap-tops-for-less/anaheim-california-92806/lap-tops-for-less-ripoff-defective-replacement-battery-destroyed-my-pda-refused-to-refund-181522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content