Complaint Review: Leeways Moving Services - New York New York
- Leeways Moving Services 573 Isham Street, #33 New York, New York U.S.A.
- Phone: 888-853-3929
- Category: Moving Companies
Leeways Moving Services ripoff Liars! Scamsters! New York
When I scheduled a delivery date, they verbally confirmed over the phone, but whenever I asked them to send me an email or written confirmation, they said they would send it right away, but never did. [LIE]
I was moving to go to school and the delivery was scheduled 5 days before classes started. I had hoped to get settled into my new apartment before I get busy with school. The stuff never came on time, but finally was delivered nearly a week late.
Here's the sequence of events before the actual delivery:
1. Customer service confirms on the phone that delivey will happen on time.
2. The day before the scheduled delivery they call me and say delivery will be delayed by a day because of the hurricane in Florida. [BELIEVABLE] I am given the cell numbers of the dispatcher and another person (who later told me that he is the controlling partner) in case I need updates on the delivery.
3. I call the dispatcher the afternoon before the rescheduled delivery date and he told me that my stuff is on schedule and should arrive by noon the next day. [AT THIS POINT, BELIEVABLE] My stuff doesn't show up [SEEMS LIKE A LIE]; I wait a couple of hours past the scheduled time and tried calling the dispatcher several times, left messages, but he never answered the phone or returned my calls. I then called the other contact person ("controlling partner") who had no clue what was going on and promised to find out & call me back. He called back, unfortunately I missed the call and he never left a message. Subsequent attempts to reach him failed.
5. I call customer service next day and they apologize, etc...say stuff will be there next day. [HMMM...COULD BE BELIEVABLE]
6. Next day in the afternoon I call the dispatcher inquiring about my stuff and he tells me that the truck had "already left" the warehouse in the morning and will arrive by evening. My stuff never showed up in the evening. [ANOTHER LIE]
7. Next day I called customer service and asked why my stuff didn't show up when the truck had "already left" the warehouse. The answer was that it never left and that the dispatcher has been assigned a "new job" at Leeways. The "controlling partner" later tells me that his job was changed because he lied to customers. The dispatcher was made the lead foreman or something. [HUH? WHY WASN'T HE FIRED?]
8. I was given a new delivery date, but then was called back saying delivery won't happen because the truck's engine wouldn't start after it was loaded. [HOW CAN I BELIEVE THIS AT THIS POINT??]
9. I spoke to the "controlling partner" of Leeways requesting that in consideration of the inconvenience he should give me a discount. He was totally adamant and disagreed that anything wrong had been done but nonetheless he would investigate and let me know the following week if any compensation was due to me. Basically gave me now choice - either pay in full or stuff will not be delivered. [DID I HAVE A CHOICE BUT TO AGREE?]
10. Finally my stuff was delivered - nearly a week late and after school had started. The driver told me that the stuff never left the warehouse until he got there the earlier day to pick it up. This basically confirmed that the dispatcher was shamelessly LYING to me!
11. Several items of furniture were damaged, but I just didn't have the desire to follow up with a claim.
12. The "controlling partner" never called me back regarding compensating me. I had sent an email to remind him a couple of weeks after I should have heard from him, and I never received a response.
The delay because of the hurricane could have been believable, but after the sequence of events I really wondered if that was the reason for the delay in the first place! I live in NC and the weather was fine here and further north on the east coast. The LIES regarding the delivery have made me doubt the credibility of everything they have ever told me.
LEEWAYS MOVING SERVICES SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUSINESS!
PS: This all happened around two months ago; I was busy with school and did not get a chance to file a report until now.
Durham, North Carolina
Click here to read other Rip Off Report list of other Moving Companies
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on National Moving Network and other various transport companies ripping off the consumer
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2004 11:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/leeways-moving-services/new-york-new-york-10034/leeways-moving-services-ripoff-liars-scamsters-new-york-114218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.