What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair

Complaint Review: LegalMatch.com - Select State/Province

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Kevin — beverly hills California
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

As an attorney who signed up to get leads from http://LegalMatch.com, beware, their service is a complete waste of money, and more importantly, your time.

When I signed up, I was a new attorney who wanted real estate leads from them, and was interested in the one-year package, which cost about $700 per month.  The sales agent promised me that "only a handful" of attorneys were signed up in the real estate section, so I would not have much competition.  He also told me that they limited the number of attorneys that could sign up to take such leads, and there was only one more slot to be filled.  When I told him I only charged $100 per hour (I was new then), he told me that I would get all the clients because of my reasonable fees. In reliance on that, I signed up for three years, and paid $500 per month.

Result: http://LegalMatch.com provided me the most junky of all leads.  These were people who could pay no more than $50 per hour, but who acted snotty nonetheless because 12 different attorneys had called them before I did and were vying for their business.  Clearly, the sales agent had lied about "only a handful" of attorneys being my competition, and there being a limited number of slots.  Also, despite the fact that I am a relatively good salesman, it proved exceedingly difficult to sign up LegalMatch clients because 1) they would not answer their phones 2) they could not pay anything close to reasonable fees 3) they only wanted a free consultation without any desire to actually retain an attorney 4) they were annoyed with being bombarded with so many attorney calls in one day.

I stopped making payments and stopped using their services after only a few months of signing up with them, and now their collection agency is trying to collect for 2.5 years of their service.  If they sue, I will surely crossclaim for fraud and let the world know how terrible they are.

If you are a new attorney with limited resources (i.e. time, money) looking to buy leads to expand your business, LegalMatch may cause your business to go belly-up.  Beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2013 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/legalmatchcom/select-stateprovince/legalmatchcom-is-a-fraud-do-not-get-leads-from-them-los-angeles-california-1093825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content