Complaint Review: Legalzoom - Internet

Internet
    United States of America

Legalzoom Misleading Advertising , Internet

*UPDATE Employee: LegalZoom Complaint

I went to Legalzoom because my wife and I were interested in an uncontested divorce and wanted to avoid paying separate lawyers. The first step in my state is Legal Separation, and under sample documents on the website, I was happy to see a sample Separation Agreement from my state!

I placed my order and was immediately billed $299 on my credit card. My wife and I spent the next 8 weeks painstakingly filling out the questionaire to define the terms of our separation and subsequent divorce. We were finally able to submit this to be put in legal-ese so we could simply " file the signed petition at the courthouse in the county where" I live.

I soon received a "Problem Resolution Order Form". I was told that Legalzoom only offers absolute divorce for my state. I rechecked the website to make sure I had not lost my mind. Sure enough, I had seen a sample Separation Agreement from my state. [continued below]....
.....

I called Customer Service, explained the problem, and was told that, while there was a sample from my state, they do not provide that service for my state. I requested and was quickly given a refund, but Legalzoom has earned interest on my money for nearly three months and I have paid interest on the charge.

I do believe this is misleading advertising at best - a method to garner additional income at worst.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/legalzoom/internet/legalzoom-misleading-advertising-internet-984490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

LegalZoom Complaint

AUTHOR: LegalZoom - (United States of America)

Hi Gunnshy,

We're sorry about what occurred with your Divorce order and with your Customer service experience.

Usually orders go more smoothly and we apologize that you experienced us at less than our best.

Your comments and experience are important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly at 800.773.0888 x 8720 or via email at Patty@lzserve.com and we'll try our best to make things right.

LegalZoom Customer Care