X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: LetsTalk - Nationwide

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: decatur Illinois
  • LetsTalk Nationwide U.S.A.

LetsTalk ripoff Offered a $100 rebate for a Sony Camera Phone and never paid it. Nationwide

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I ordered a Sony Camera phone online and paid about $117.00 or more for it on my credit card. Part of the deal was to have an account with T-Mobile too. I got the account that was required for the rebate which ran $39.00 a month.

After 6 months when I didn't get my rebate after trying to contact Lets Talk numerous times I dropped my T-Mobile account down to a less expensive monthly usage and am bound to their one year contract that is soon to expire and I will never renew my account with them. I sent Lets Talk all the paperwork required to prove I bought the phone and that I had the $39.00 account at T-mobile activated.

First I was told I didn't have the right T-mobile account but that got changed when they saw that I did have the right one after all and that took a month to straighten out. Then I was told by Lets Talk that they couldn't find the paperwork I sent to them verifying everything that I should send it again.

I couldn't send it again because they had it all. They had my receipts plus the bar code off the box the phone came in and everything. Then the manager I contacted online at Lets Talk told me she was looking into it and she was real nasty about it and never did anything. I contacted her almost monthly awhile trying to get a follow up on my account and and then gave up.

It was obvious they were not going to reimburse me for the phone they conned me into buying and there is no way to retrieve the money spent monthly on the T-Mobile account monthly that I activated just for that particular phone.

It's been so long now that it's difficult to find records of my contacts through email but one fact remains. There is no record I ever got reimbursed like I was supposed to either and the ad was posted online that people buying that particular phone were supposed to be. Even worse once I got the phone it was too complicated to use and as it turned out I didn't need as many cell phone hours that I signed up to get because of the phone rebate. I had no way of knowing until after the fact.

Jane
decatur, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2004 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/letstalk/nationwide/letstalk-ripoff-offered-a-100-rebate-for-a-sony-camera-phone-and-never-paid-it-nationwid-91998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair