X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Long Distance - California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Milford Massachusetts
  • Long Distance California U.S.A.

Long Distance rip-off California

My husband was looking at our checking account online and noticed a charge of $61.02 that was posted just yesterday. He called our bank, and was told it was from some phone company in California. There was a number posted on our account (800-435-8034), so we called it.

We were told (the first time), that they got our debit card number from a source in which we supposedly ordered something electronic form. They said that we checked a box that said we agreed to some "special offers". They then went on to say that they sent us a calling card, and that with the card there was a letter saying that if we did not call them to tell them we didn't want the card, that they were going to bill us monthly in the amount of $61.02 for the use of the card.

We NEVER got a card and/or a letter from these people!

We asked to talk to a supervisor, and got her voicemail (surprise, surprise). So, I called again, left another message. Then I called one more time, asked for the name of their company, and they said it was called "Long Distance" (ya, right).

They then asked if this was in regards to unwanted charges to our account, and I said it was. I said I wanted to talk to someone who could tell me where exactly they got our card number, and she said (different excuse than before) that we (my husband and/or I) had filled out some sort of warranty card, and that there was a checkbox on that card that authorized whomoever that warranty was from to give out our card number. ABSOLUTELY N-O-T!!!!

Paula
Milford, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2003 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/long-distance/california/long-distance-rip-off-california-46913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content