Complaint Review: LUXURY ARBITRAGEUR MAGAZINE

• LUXURY ARBITRAGEUR MAGAZINE
    48 Wall Street
    New York, New York
    United States

LUXURY ARBITRAGEUR MAGAZINE WEALTH AND OPULENCE INC. FAILED TO PAY FREELANCE WRITER New York New York

*Author of original report: Publisher Luxury Arbitrageur bullies, but does not pay, writer

This complaint involves Luxury Arbitrageur Magazine's breach of contract with me. For clarification, a company called Wealth and Opulence Inc. is the publisher of Luxury Arbitrageur Magazine. On August 11, 2017, Luxury Arbitrageur Magazine and I signed their contract for an article that I was to research, write and deliver.

My contract with Luxury Arbitrageur Magazine contract says: "Wealth and Opulence Inc. payment terms is Ten (10) days of receipt of invoice and acceptance of project, provided that all parties outlined have complied with the terms of this Agreement." On September 11, 2017, my contact at Luxury Arbitrageur Magazine, John Taylor, sent me an email saying: "The article is good to go. Send me an invoice." I immediately sent the invoice. Thus, I should have received payment by September 25, 2017.

Through October and into November, I repeatedly sent emails to John Taylor asking him to let me know the status of my payment. He made no reply until finally at the beginning of November, I sent him an email with URGENT written in caps in the subject line. I asked whether Luxury Arbitrageur Magazine intended to pay me, and suggested setting up a payment plan if it were not possible to pay my whole fee immediately.

John Taylor replied, now promising to pay by the end of November, a deadline that came and went without John Taylor doing me the courtesy of letting me know the status of my payment. If Luxury Arbitrageur Magazine ever pays me, I will update this complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2017 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/luxury-arbitrageur-magazine/new-york-new-york-10005/luxury-arbitrageur-magazine-wealth-and-opulence-inc-failed-to-pay-freelance-writer-new-y-1415064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Publisher Luxury Arbitrageur bullies, but does not pay, writer

AUTHOR: Scott - (United States)

On December 7, having become aware that a RipOffReport complaint had been published about Luxury Arbitrageur, Luxury Arbitrageur's John Taylor sent me the following bullying message in an email:

"You just went and did something that is irreversible and will cause major damage to our business. We never published your article anywhere." In fact I was willing to pay you even after my editor said to pay you a kill fee. I was going to pay you out of my pocket. But instead of let me know what your intention was you decided to post on rip off report. I know rip off report very well, you will never be able to remove the report from the site even if we decided to pay you. It does not matter that report is forever. They have ruined thousands of small businesses.
And for what for $200 bucks. Unbelievable!
Good luck."

(Ed -- The company owes me more than $200.  The contract calls for me to be paid ten days after acceptance, which occurred at the beginning of September, 2017. I had repeatedly asked John Taylor to let me know the status of my payment, and he repeatedly ignored my emails).

In subsequent emails, John Taylor admitted that Luxury Arbitrageur owes me the money.

I offered the company an opportunity to set up a payment plan with me -- they made no response to that initiative.

Taylor then said that Luxury Arbitrageur would pay me "way before" the end of the year -- no payment was ever received.