Complaint Review: Marcus Hutchinson & Marcus Herme - Santa Monica & Playa Del Rey California

• Submitted: Wed, March 11, 2009
    Santa Monica & Playa Del Rey, California
  • Phone: 310-314-2800
  • Web:
  • Category: Mechanics

Marcus Hutchinson & Marcus Herme Con Man Marcus Hutchinson a Liar, a Criminal and thief who stole 5K and tried to extort 40K! Car sales scam! Santa Monica & Playa Del Rey California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: This is the crook Maverick Marsalis, not Vanessa

After seeing an ad for a Lotus for sale. I contacted Marcus Hutchinson the owner of the car for infomation. He seemed to be a nice man with a British accent and very charming.

We set a time to meet so I could see the car. He showed me the car and it was just what I wanted (or so I thought)and we struck a deal. I gave him 5K as a deposit on the car while I took delivery to have it inspected.

My tech looked at the car and discovered that the engine block had been cracked and repaired and cracked again. Marcus Hutchinson didn't disclose this to me and was trying to sell me a lemon and lied about the condition of the car.

When I tried to return the car so I could get my 5K back. He told me that I had forfited my deposit and would not give me my money back what so ever. I was upset and I felt like such a fool for putting my trust in this man.

Then to add insult to injury he had his tech Marcus Herme of GERMAN AUTO ART(now out of business after many customers complained about shoddy work and being over charged for work that was never done. As well as scams and bogus liens sales on customers cars)offer to fix the car for me at no extra charge.

Marcus Hutchinson assured me that he would take care of it and I was okay with his promises. Soon he began asking me out and he seemed sweet and kind so I agreed.
He works in the film special effects business for a company called Digital Domain. I was impressed with him and we had a hot and passionat 4 week romance.

But once he got what he wanted from me he broke it off and no sooner than I put my trust him again.
He told me that if I wanted the car back I'd have to give him 40K, 35K more than our agreed price.
I was stung and scamed and most of all played out of everything!
He had the car, my 5K deposit and my virtue.
I asked the police for help but it was a "civil matter" and there was nothing they could do.

I later discovered that Marcus had run this same scam on several other with different cars over the years.
He is about as straight as a dog's hind leg!
LADIES AND BUYERS BEWARE!!! MARCUS HUTCHINSON IS A 1 CLASS CON MAN AND SCAM ARTIST!!!

Vanessa
Beverly Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2009 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/marcus-hutchinson-marcus-herme/santa-monica-playa-del-rey-california-90291/marcus-hutchinson-marcus-herme-con-man-marcus-hutchinson-a-liar-a-criminal-and-thief-wh-433287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

This is the crook Maverick Marsalis, not Vanessa

AUTHOR: Marcush - (U.S.A.)

Ok so I really had a laugh reading this, why ?  Because I know who wrote this complaint, and it is not anyone called Vanessa, it's that crook and con-man Maverick Marsalis, real name Derek Kelly, why do I know this, well, a few years ago he stole my Porsche from me and while we hunted him down we came accross many people who he had ripped off and found out how he uses various names to get back at people who catch him out ! Vanessa is one of those names..

I own a Lotus, yes, and... it's still in my Garage, I never attempted to sell it to anyone... I still have it, interesting how he says I was trying to sell it to a Vanessa, oh and btw I don't know anyone by that name. I am not a car dealer either, I am just someone who would not lay down and let this scam artisit get away with theft, yes he gave me a $5000 deposit, after I went to the police and we managed to get the car back, they told me to keep his deposit, what did I do with this money you might wonder, well after I got my car back, he had repainted the car a different color, changed the interior too, it cost me a lot more than $5k to get it straightened out, I just hope that one day this scam-artist gets locked up again... Oh yes maverick, I know you did jail time in Georgia, I know you tell all the girls you embessle money from that you say your from Texas, that your an ex footabll player for Texas , sometimes you tell them your a movie director. I have a website up all about you and I get emails and phone calls several times a year from people who also caught you out. I say to anyone reading this , I have plenty of evidence to prove my story, police reports, etc etc...