Complaint Review: Market Leader - Internet

• Reported By: Joel R — Dublin Ohio United States
  • Market Leader

Internet
    United States

Market Leader Market Leader Pro Horrible leads, fake leads, customer service is sneaky

My brokerage unfortunately partners with Market Leader and when I first started in the business I thought it would be a good idea to hit the ground running with leads. After a brief phone conversation with Saman Nasab, I decided to join because it was 1/10 the price of Zillow for my area. The "enhanced" website and MLS feed were pretty easy to set up. Then the leads came...

My biggest issue, and what seems to be the biggest issue for everyone that uses Market Leader, is that the overwhelming majority of leads are nothing but a name (oftentimes fake or abbreviated) and e-mail address. Out of around 40 leads I've received so far, I've only gotten about 5 phone numbers and only 1 response to e-mails. I've also gotten a number of spambots, other real estate agents, and marketing services. They'll let you "return" these leads but then you get sent another one just like it. When you call to complain about the leads, the customer service rep will instead say you don't know what you're doing and point out how leads that have viewed a property twice or favorited one (but have never responded to any communications) are great leads while offering you more classes and services.

The second issue is just how sneaky and difficult these people are to work with. As I mentioned above, I once called it to complain about lead quality and see if there was anything I could do to get out of the contract and they just signed me up for some "Million Dollar Pipeline" course instead. I was able to speak with Saman Nasab again and he told me they do a 90-day review where agents had the opportunity to back out. Today, however, a representative using a spoofed number to match my brokerage informed me that was not the case and that the review would only refund me for shortfalls in the number of leads sent which in my case would be ~$60. Sure thing... Now my account was already cancelled before but they went ahead and reactivated it while charging me for another month and that's what they were calling about today.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2018 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/market-leader/internet/market-leader-market-leader-pro-horrible-leads-fake-leads-customer-service-is-sneaky-1451451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content