Complaint Review: Match.com - Plano Texas
P.O. Box 940689
- Phone: 800-926-2824
- Category: Dating Services
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) Subscribed members pay to send a note to a potential match and Match refuses to deliver that note unless the recipient ALSO pays to receive it
2) Subscribed members have no way of knowing if the person they contact is a subscriber or not. Subscribers may end up paying for a service that cannot be delivered upon.
3) Match.com offers "free" online profiles to potential members which unless the potential member pays for the service serve no use other then to solicit sales from other prospective users in a kind of bait and switch tactic.
6) As other people here have complained, I actually believe they continued to bill me for the remainder of a billing cycle even after I resigned my membership. But that was the least of my complaints.
In the event there is a class action suit based on any of these items, I would be interested in participating.
"In addition, all communication between members is done through Match.com's proprietary double-blind email system, with members using an anonymous username and not his or her real email address. This ensures that no personal contact information is revealed until a member is ready to do so."
7. Your Interactions with Other Members. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members.
9. Content Posted by You on Match.com.
a. You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Service, or transmit to other Members. You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to the Company or to any other Member.
f. You may not include in your Member profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses.
MY COMMENT: This does not mention anything about including email or telephone information in EMAIL correspondence!!! There is no language in the agreement prohibiting inclusion of personal information.
Personal Safety. You understand that meeting new people, by whatever method or means, always requires taking normal precautions you should otherwise follow in establishing new relationships. Those may include, but are not limited to, meeting in public places, checking with mutual friends, free or fee-based internet search options, and otherwise using common sense about protecting yourself and your property. You understand that you are responsible for protecting yourself and your personal and financial information, that you are not entrusting that responsibility to anyone else, and that you understand that nothing on MindFindBind or Match.com is designed to or should be expected to do any of that for you. Please see Match.com's Dating and Safety Tips.
Dating Tips - Dos and Don'ts
Purely Practical Tips (For Dating On and Off-line)
Whether you're off on your first blind date set up by a friend or you've found your love interest on Match.com, your personal safety should remain priority #1. We've compiled a list of guidelines to help you stay safe.
DO guard your identity
Even in person, you wouldn't give your number out to just anyone. Don't share your real name, personal phone numbers, place of work, home address or any other identifying information while chatting or emailing until you are comfortable doing so.
Tip: Never post personal contact information in your profile. Don't risk having this information fall into the wrong hands.
DO remain anonymous until you feel safe and ready to explore other options. Match.com gives you control over your online dating experience, and allows you to protect your true identity until you choose to reveal it.
Las Vegas, Nevada
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2006 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/matchcom/plano-texas-75094/matchcom-ripoff-fraudulant-and-misleading-practices-and-censorship-that-goes-beyond-terms-199614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.