X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Mayflower Movers In San Jose - San Jose California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: pittsburg California
  • Mayflower Movers In San Jose 1211 Park Ave San Jose, California U.S.A.

Mayflower Movers In San Jose Pittsburg Police was on the scene, but it did'nt help. San Jose California

*Consumer Comment: Lawyer won't Help Much

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I too was ripped off by Mayflower Movers in San Jose, CA. I was quoted $285 for 3 men and 3 hours to move from one house to another, less than 1 mile away. I repeatedly told them not to wrap, cause everything was in boxes, but that did not matter they wrapped it anyway, they even wrapped a empty close hamper!

When we reached the new location, that's when they came with a new bill of $1500, which I did not have. My house had just foreclosed and I was broke. So the Pittsburg Police was called, I thought, to my rescue, and all they said was let them take my belongings and take them to court. Needless to say that made the situation worse. I borrowed the money from a friend and was then told that I needed to write a letter saying, that i was Very happy with their services or I still would not be able to get my things, and I refused! They wanted reassurance that I was not going to sue them, since the officer said take them to court. Then my daughter showed up, and decided to deceive them, so she wrote the note when they were not watching and gave it to them (without my consent).

After they got their money they wanted to put my things on the street, and I picked up the phone to call the police again, so they brought it in the house. They tore my suede sectional, my dinning room chair, and put three dents in my new refrigerator. I have shelves missing from my book shelf my bed was not set up, my kitchen table is missing a leg, etc.. Not only did they rip me off, their full service was terrible. There should be something that can be done to stop these companies from cheating people in need! So if there is an attorney out there who does class action law suits, you have my cooperation. People have enough problems with their homes be foreclosed, we don't need this also.

Jackie
pittsburg, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mayflower-movers-in-san-jose/san-jose-california-95126/mayflower-movers-in-san-jose-pittsburg-police-was-on-the-scene-but-it-didnt-help-san-jo-433598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Lawyer won't Help Much

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, March 12, 2009
You picked a mover with a sound-alike name to a large moving company. I know the real Mayflower would charge you a whole heck of a lot more than $97/hour for the three men - it would have been more like $140/hour. In a court, your movers have more protections than you do and would probably win; your best bet really is to contact the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and file a formal complaint with them. I would also contact them and see what other options you may have.

You'll also need to file a claim with the mover for the damaged items but my guess is that you may not receive much back from them. Lessons to learn from choosing a cheap mover. Moving is not an inexpensive venture and choosing the cheap mover will often cost you more in the end. Best of luck to you.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair