X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: MCI - DENVER Colorado

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Alamosa Colorado
  • MCI MCI.COM DENVER, Colorado U.S.A.

MCI ripoff overbilling on incorrect accounts and we still don't have proper service DENVER Colorado

Where do I start when it comes to MCI. I am incharge of the telecom for my company. When QWEST started messing up our service, I switched, or at least I tried to, to MCI. I contacted MCI for the first time on 9/21/04 and was faxed a form to sign that stated our rates and an authorization to switch service. I signed and faxed back the same day. After a week we still did not have service (Qwest had turned off our long distance, which my company relies on 100% for our sales).

I called MCI and was told that they had messed up my order and they had me verify all our phone numbers and resubmitt the order and I was told that we would have service within 2 to 3 business days. This game went on for about two weeks. In the mean time MCI gave us a code to use when we wanted to make long distance calls until they could get there act together and get us service. We were told that when we used this code it would be charged out at the same rates we had agreed on originally.

By the first of November, I am still waiting for MCI service. They had resubmitted our order several times, each time making errors that resulted in no service for us. Around November 20th I received a bill from MCI for over $4000.00, our usual bill is around $900.00. When I started looking at the bill I found that our international calls were billed out at an average of $2.30 per minute rather than the $0.15 we were quoted on our international plan.

From the middle of November until December 27 I fought with MCI about the overbill. On December 27 I finally spoke with a customer servic rep that agreed that we were over billed, she ran a new bill at the correct rates and found that we had been overcharged about $3000.00 and she issued a request for credit that day and gave me an amount to payoff this account. I sent a check in January for the amount owed and thought the account had been closed.

In the meantime, I have received bills from MCI under 4 different account numbers, one for each time they resubmitted our request for service. I paid the bills, which I felt we owed. When MCI got our check they applied the amount to the $4000.00 bill rather than the ones that I sent the coupons for and also stated the breakdown for payment on our check stub.

In mid-January, I started getting calls from MCI regarding our outstanding balance to them. To make a long story short, I was turned in for collection on the amount that I had already paid but was misapplied by MCI (I sent a letter stating that they had misapplied the check, a copy of the check and a breakdown of how it should hav been applied to MCI) and to this day I get weekly calls from MCI harassing me about the almost $3000.00 that I owe them that they actually overbilled me on. I have been nice, I have been mean, but MCI still has not issued this credit to our account.

Who can I call to get some help on this matter?

Rebecca
Alamosa, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2005 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mci/denver-colorado/mci-ripoff-overbilling-on-incorrect-accounts-and-we-still-dont-have-proper-service-denver-136252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Investigates Reputation Repair