X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: McInerney Toyota - Charter Township of Clinton Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Defender of Ethics — Harper Woods Michigan
  • McInerney Toyota 37777 S Gratiot Ave Charter Township of Clinton, Michigan USA

McInerney Toyota Charged for estimate without consent or approval Charter Township of Clinton Michigan

Wow! I took my wife's Scion  xB in for an estimate for a new ABS sensor wire that had been severed after a tread seperation issue. I told them that was what I needed repaired and asked for a price. They told me they wouldn't give me a price without first looking at it themselves. I sais "okay" and they called later that afternoon to tell me that the repair with parts and service would be $3,100 (mind you the car still ran fine without the sensor). Of course I said no thanks - theu immediatly said (apparently because they liked me so well), that they woul knock off $400 and estimates a reduced cost of $2,700. I'm sure, much to their shock, I again said, "No Thanks". The next morning I took my wife to go pick it up and she literally came out in tears saying they charged her $185 for giving us the estimate that I had just simply asked for a price on the day before. I understand that estiamtes can flucuate, but had I just been told when I brought in it something like, "Oh, that ABS sensor cable usually runn well over $1,500, (founf online for $89 fyi), I would have bailed out on it altogether.

So, I call the service department and talk to the tech and explain that it was right for them to charge for the estimate without even mentioned there could be some cost associated with it. He then asked me if I thought it was going to be free, to which I honestly replied, "yes" he got infuriated and I calmly told him we had no intention of paying the $185 and to be true to the dealerships over commitment to their customers hung up on me.

Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this hodge podge of challenged ethics and practice - wowZers!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2014 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mcinerney-toyota/charter-township-of-clinton-michigan-48036/mcinerney-toyota-charged-for-estimate-without-consent-or-approval-charter-township-of-cli-1193024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content