Complaint Review: Medspring urgent care - Austin Texas

2120 Guadalupe St
    Austin, Texas
    USA

Medspring urgent care Unknowledgeable doctor Austin Texas

My daughter visited this clinic Monday, October 13, 2014, as she was feeling very sick and (as we later found out in ER) was suffering from a severe pyelonephritis (kidney infection).

After paying $100 upfront, and spending a considerable amount of time in the waiting area and subsequently in the treatment room, the middle age lady doctor in situ could not give my daughter a proper explanation of the symptoms!!

My daughter was given a urine test, and even after the results the upper mentioned lady doctor was absolutely useless and unable to simply explain the results of the urine test!! The doctor dismissed my very sick daughter with no concern for her wellbeing! I ended up driving my daughter to the nearest ER!!

My daughter wasted time and MONEY at this location and put her own health in serious danger in the process! She was promptly admitted to ER and subsequently to the ward for 2 days on IV and intravenous antibiotics!

I don't see what the use of their "real" doctors are (as I was rightly pointed out by the arrogant male receptionist at the front desk!) if they cannot even detect a serious kidney infection?

I was highly disappointed by the lack of medical knowledge and medical equipment at this site, which could have prevented my daughter's symptoms from worsening.

I would recommend going straight to ER if you're sick, and not waste your time at this location!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2014 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/medspring-urgent-care/austin-texas-78705/medspring-urgent-care-unknowledgeable-doctor-austin-texas-1183215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content