X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Merchandise Direct - Wallingford Connecticut

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Pinellas Park Florida
  • Merchandise Direct 400 Return Rd Wallingford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Merchandise Direct The Rest of the Sad Story Wallingford Connecticut

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I wrote a report last night about getting ripped off by Merchandise Direct. I ordered 2 Buxton Bags and 2 hand-held voice reminders. I returned all of the items and it cost me approximately $10.00 and I sent them Return Receipt Requested which is more expensive!

I received approximately $30 back instead of the $66.70 paid.

Today I called the company and was told that the remainder of the money was for shipping/handling!

I said "there was never an invoice in the bag...how would I know that? When I called in the order the TV ad did not indicate nor did the voice mail indicate that it was that much".

The sweet girl on the other end said "I'm really sorry but that is our standard shipping fee". I could tell she did feel bad for such a ripoff.

So.....I will never purchase another thing from television. Sadly there are companies that are honest that advertise on TV but Merchandise Direct has hurt these companies.

Perhaps these other businesses should start looking into the matter.

Sharon
Pinellas Park, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/merchandise-direct/wallingford-connecticut-06492/merchandise-direct-the-rest-of-the-sad-story-wallingford-connecticut-320866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair