X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Midas - Canton Connecticut

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Collinsville Connecticut
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Midas 66 Albany Turnpike Canton, Connecticut U.S.A.

Midas Overcharged on parts Canton Connecticut

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

The friendly faces are just a put-on. They blatantly overcharged me for parts. The original manufacturer part would have been $200 less than what they charged me for after-market parts. After talking to the manager they admitted they overcharged and offered me a partial refund which I took, figuring something was better than nothing.

I had done business with this place for years but I will NEVER go there again and I will take EVERY opportunity to tell people what a rip-off joint this is.

They may have gained a few dollars and I would be surprised if I was the only one this has happened to there but they lost a good paying customer and probably a quite few more people who I talk to will not go there.

I will continue to be their worst advertising nightmare.

Honest person
Collinsville, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2009 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/midas/canton-connecticut-06019/midas-overcharged-on-parts-canton-connecticut-428500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#2

Only good experiences

AUTHOR: Midas canton - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I am a customer of this Midas and have never seen such an experience.  once you approve an estimate work is to be done, if you did not like the price you should have declined the repairs.  Midas is much cheaper that the dealer.  Some people want instant gratification and cant wait for a less expensive part.  Can't believe after a refund and most likely free diagnosis of the problem someone would still be upset and make comments like this.  Go to a dealer next time bud, they charge $100 for diagnosis alone and then quote you price before taxes and shop supplies so you end up paying on average 10% more after your quote.

Not My Experience

AUTHOR: Pb - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, July 23, 2009

I can't understand the report on Canton CT Midas: I, too, have gone there for years, and have had numerous repairs. Every single time I get a written estimate with the charges for parts and labor clearly listed. Both my cars were service at local dealers prior to my switch to Midas, and the costs were always higher -- even when Midas went to that dealer to obtain the parts! I think their professionalism and honesty are great.

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair