X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Midland Fundinc Ncc-2 Corp - San Diego California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: chicago Illinois
  • Midland Fundinc Ncc-2 Corp 88 Aero Drive San Diego, California U.S.A.

midland funding is suing a person with the same first name as me but a different last name and different social security number. i went to court i explained iam not that person they are looking for. so i went to court and again i explained that iam not the person they are looking for i showed my identification and social security card. so i went in front of a judge and i think the clerk explained that iam not the person named on the summons so i thought the situation was over with. yesturday the sheriff show up at my door with a summons he asked me if i did buisness with midland funding so i told him no so i told him that iam not the person named on the summons different last name. the sheriff decided to leave the papers on my porch and told me not to worry about it. i don't believe him because when you leave papers that means the person have been served.

Female
chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2007 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/midland-fundinc-ncc-2-corp/san-diego-california/midland-funding-ncc-2-corp-midland-is-suing-a-person-a-n-individual-with-the-same-first-na-282001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I'm kind of baffled.

AUTHOR: Bart - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, November 03, 2007
If the paperwork indeed has a different last name and different SS number, why are you even getting involved at all much less wasting time in court?
IT'S NOT YOU according to this. Just return the paperwork back to the sheriff. Or ARE you the person they are looking for and don't wnat to admit it? None of this makes any sense.

midland funding is suing a person with the same first name but different last name and social security number

AUTHOR: Female - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, November 03, 2007
in the first case i did get something in writing. the judge entered an order in the case that says they served the wrong person and that they will serve the summons to the right person. in the case i did show the clerk my identification and social security card. also when i was served again for the same case the sheriff left the papers on the porch even after i explained that they served the wrong person again!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Do not ignore it

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, October 30, 2007
I am not an attorney. However, if I were you, I would go to court again and request the judge enter a Dismissal With Prejudice order. A dismissal with prejudice means the case was dismissed for good reason and the Plaintiff is barred from bringing another suit for the same claim.

Were there any orders entered by the judge on your previous case? Did you get anything in writing? Go to the court and see if there is anything in the file.

Also, be careful. If the Plaintiff saw your name and social in the old case, they may have "updated" their records with your information. I wouldn't put that past them.

update

AUTHOR: Female - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, October 30, 2007
midland funding ncc-2 corp is suing a person with the same first name as me but a different last name and social security number. iwas served asummons for credit card debt so i went to court and i explained to the clerk that they served the wrong person so i went to a room so that the fee can be waived and the person asked me if i know who that person is i told him i didnt know who that person is.

so he writes on the paper aka my name and address. so the fee was waived and they set a date to go to court so i went to court and explained to the clerk that they served the summons to the wrong person i show them my identification and my social security card and form that they determined that i wasnt the person named on the summons .

i went infront of a judge the clerk explained that the wron g person got served i thought that was the end of it until yesturday a sheriff show up at my door with a summons for the same company midland corp i explain the situation to him iam not the person on the summons he told me he is going to leave the papers anyway he left the papers on my porch and left and told me not to worry about it so i figure i got served a summons for someone elses debt