X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: MidSouth Furniture - Tupelo Mississippi

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Denver North Carolina
  • MidSouth Furniture 1020 N Gloster Ave Tupelo, Mississippi U.S.A.

MidSouth Furniture ripoff gone out of business and kept my money and sofa Tupelo Mississippi

Sept 2004, I purchased a beautiful sectional sofa on ebay. I did all the research on the Company prior to the purchase. I contacted folks that had made prior purchases and left both positive and negative feedback. Anyhow...I won and I called them. I spoke with Connie and we discussed delivery time etc. I felt real comfortable that I had made a good decision.

I sent the money thru ebay's PayPal system. In Aug we had some destruction with our house and repairs were taking longer than expected. (SEE COUNTRYWIDE RIPOFF) - My luck pretty much sucks. I contacted MidSouth Furniture to see if they could hold my sofa for me. They said they would at no charge.

In Nov (even though my house isn't fixed yet) I tried to contact them to have them go ahead and ship the sofa. Well, they have gone out of Business. Ebay wouldn't release any information on them. I contacted Crime Stoppers in Tupelo and they informed me that the Company was run by a family of crooks. I've filed a report with the BBB, CrimeStoppers and IFCC. BEWARE Folks. I don't think I'll ever recoup my $1045.00 but just trying to help some other person that thinks they have done everything right and still get RIPPED OFF.

PS - ebay was NO help

Barbara
Denver, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2005 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/midsouth-furniture/tupelo-mississippi/midsouth-furniture-ripoff-gone-out-of-business-and-kept-my-money-and-sofa-tupelo-mississip-136233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content