X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Mobile Auto Repairs & Technical Services - Whittier California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Van Nuys California
  • Mobile Auto Repairs & Technical Services hometown.aol.com/autokindworks/myhomepage/business.html Whittier, California U.S.A.

Mobile Auto Repairs & Technical Services Ripped me off for $65.00 and unprofessionalism Whittier California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Thank YOU -

*Consumer Comment: Let me see if I have this right...

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Mobile Mechanic named John charged me $65.00 right off the bat before he even looked at my car and stated that he only lived two blocks away. So what was the $65.00 charge for? Gas? He only lived 2 blocks away. Gas would have barely cost $1 to drive to my apartment. But he stated that it was a diagnostic charge. Well he hadn't even looked at my car to diagnose it yet. But he wouldn't go any further until I paid that $65. Then as I went up stairs to get the $65, he proceeded to change a part on my battery that didn't need changing and said that he could tell that was the problem and said that he would charge me an extra $10 for that, yet when I tried to start the car, thinking that he just fixed the problem, the car still wouldn't start.

After tinkering with a lot of things, and trying to give me a fresher course on how to fix a car, and stating that people should be so happy to pay his prices and get a mechanic lesson, he finally found that it was the Fuel Pump. I called around and found that Pep Boys had a fuel pump for $71. I asked John, the mechanic if he would go get it. But he stated that I had to go with him. I didn't even know this guy and he's asking me to get into his car with him and go somewhere. But he would not go any further unless I went with him to Pep Boys. Instead of going straight to Pep Boys, he stops to get gas.

The whole time I'm praying to God that this man isn't about to abduct me or something. After going to Pep Boys and getting the part, I wanted to make sure that he was not going to charge me anymore than the $65 but he said that he was charging me an extra $85. He stated that he told me this while he was looking at my car, but the only thing I remember him saying is that he normally charges $85 for a diagnostic but decided to only charge me $65. I did not hear him say anything about charging me an extra $85.

So I got a little testy about this new charge and he starts to get pissed off and starts comparing me to other customers that "do this to him all the time." And just as soon as we get back to my apartment, he pulls out and leaves. So there I stood with a broken down car, the part to fix it, $65 poorer, and no mechanic to fix it. I even told him that I would pay the $85 even though I was not happy about it, since I just paid him $65 just to drive two blocks. That was the most unprofessional behavior I have ever seen in my life. I made the biggest mistake by contacting this person to fix my car and I would not recommend him to anyone. So steer clear of this mechanic.

I have gone to many mechanics that have done free diagnostics and told me what the problem was with my car, and it was up to me to decide if I wanted them to fix it at that time, or take it back home until I could afford it. But I have never been charged "right off the bat," for work that hasn't even been done yet. He didn't even know what was wrong with my car and he never asked me what the car was doing. He just got under the hood, looked at the battery and said, "ahhh, here's the problem." But that WASN'T the problem, yet he was still going to charge me to for fixing that part, even though I never gave him permission to fix it.

Christy
Van Nuys, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2009 12:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mobile-auto-repairs-technical-services/whittier-california-90607/mobile-auto-repairs-technical-services-ripped-me-off-for-6500-and-unprofessionalism-wh-430966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Autokindworks - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, August 03, 2009
I am G. John Moreno, owner - operator : Auto Kind Works.
First of all Christi, YOU stated that your car would NOT start; so after you gave me the ok to look at it, I seen your paper clip holding the battery terminal; and instead of you being grateful that I had a terminal and fixed that initial problem, you whined about $10.00.
And after I fixed the terminal, so that now the motor cranked, the deduction was NO GAS to the engine. I notified you and you said that your lazy husband inside & another 'mechanic' did say it was probably the fuel pump too. Check your receipt again, because we used MY Resale # to get your fuel pump - yes, your welcome for MY costs of parts. I always take clients to buy the parts because I show them what I have to go through for them.
And Christi, I showed you that your fuel line was plugged at the fuel pump - which usually happens from running the engine with the gas tank empty.
When I had arrived, I told you that I was resting in my car around the corner, because I had did some other work nearby. To NOT charge you a service/dianostic charge would be unfair to every one else & unprofessional business practice.
You're right, I should have fixed EVERYTHING wrong with your car when you called : Auto Kind Works. Afterall, I have been living in and out of my vehicle for many years & saving MANY people much money & assisting other's businesses to grow. NOW, I just want to know, how is it that YOU were so disgustingly dirty & smelly with your car & apartment while I remain so clean organized in my car? I guess some people just EXPECT to do everything for them - right. I realize that there will always be people trying to take advantage or get over on others & businesses. Christi, I just want to THANK YOU for being another costly test in life for me.

mobile Repairs & TECHNICAL Services
D.B.A. : Auto Kind Works (562) 686 - 5080
"We'll Get You Going - Back Into The Commute Of Life"
B.A.R. # : ..... 944

Let me see if I have this right...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, March 05, 2009
You think a mechanic is supposed to diagnose your issue for FREE.

You also think the mechanic should do the actual repair labor for FREE.

Uh huh...any wonder why I have stopped wasting time in this profession after more than 30 years?

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair