X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Money Mastery - Bountiful Utah

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: vlad — Ankeny Iowa USA
  • Money Mastery 1403 South 600 West, Suite A Bountiful, Utah United States of America

Money Mastery Wealth Connection One-Time fee vs 3-Day Trial, misleading advertizement Bountiful, Utah

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

My wife decided to look for work from home and found Money Mastery Company. She looked over the details and said, hey, they are providing information for $1.95 ONE-TIME fee. Website had a BBB stamp on it and it seemed like not that big of a deal so she used my credit card for a transaction (with my permission of course). She looked over the terms and conditions and printed out information from the order page. She has not had a chance to look into the information provided in the email... and today I got my credit card statement with a charge of $1.95 from MHM*Harmony Financial 800-9837505 UT and another charge of $59.84 from MHM*MMTWEET8773619530 877-3619530 UT. Well, not remembering ordering anything from the above companies, I called the number on the statement and got a message to call 1-866-311-7023 with billing questions, where a nice lady after 10 minutes of looking for my information advised me that the charge of $1.95 was not a One-Time fee as I was informed, but a charge for 3-DAY TRIAL PERIOD for a SUBSCRIPTION with a monthly charge of $59.84 plus search membership for $28.71 (which has not yet reflected on my statement). Stating that information about above charges was on the agreement and on the order confirmation and on the email that was sent to my wife, a lady refused to issue a refund and kept on pointing me back to the website to review the terms of agreement at http://secure.simplepaychecks.com/g.
Not only my wife never received any emails from them, the printout with order confirmation and login information only has additional offers and no reference to any recurring charges. Well, my wife is not a newbie to the internet orders and have been burned by a scam once before, so she is now very careful about ordering anything from the internet, specifically she is always looking for recurring charges and memberships. She told me she did not see anything on the agreement that would indicate that $1.95 was a trial period fee and I believe her. Also I believe if someone is stating on the order For only $1.95 it SHOULD be only $1.95, or it should have and indication in plain text about the trial period, not in the small print of the Terms and Conditions, but right on the advertisement, in the same sentence that is listing a charge, so people know up front what they are getting. This company is Cheating you into providing your credit card information and is processing Unauthorized transactions from your account. Also, I just reviewed terms and conditions and there is a statement there: All use of the membership sites is password protected and logged. Due to the nature of digital products, once you have logged into the site, there will be no refunds granted for the current month's use. So as she never entered the site, I should be entitled to a Risk Free refund as they state on the order page. And yet, read above, I was denied the refund as membership was not cancelled within first 3 days. Dont deal with this company, it does not do honest business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2009 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/money-mastery/bountiful-utah-84010/money-mastery-wealth-connection-one-time-fee-vs-3-day-trial-misleading-advertizement-boun-526042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair