X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Monro Muffler - Norwalk Connecticut

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Binghamton New York
  • Monro Muffler 280 Westport Avenue Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

Monro Muffler Failure to repair a diagnosed problem, and caused a different problem with the car Ripoff Norwalk Connecticut

In July 2006 I took my 1996 5-speed Nissan Maxima to Monro Muffler to be repaired. The problem that needed to be fixed was the emergency break. They instructed me that the problem was the rear calipers. They replaced the calipers for $416.42. This did not fix the problem.

After the car was returned to me, I noticed the "ABS" light was on, and remains on. I then took the car into another dealership, where they identified the true problem and fixed it for a total of $318.66. They made me aware of the fact that whoever had worked on the car previously had not replaced the emergency break cable, which originally were the problem.

This problem cost me a total of $735.08.

After placing several calls (which I have documented/date and times) to their corporate office and speaking to several representatives about this problem, I have not gained any ground. Nor have I recieved any response from them.

Joseph
Binghamton, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2006 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/monro-muffler/norwalk-connecticut-06851/monro-muffler-failure-to-repair-a-diagnosed-problem-and-caused-a-different-problem-with-t-227756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content