Complaint Review: Moonlittree - Nationwide

• Reported By: South Portland Maine
  • Moonlittree
    amazon.com
    Nationwide

I order a Runner's calendar as a gift for my husband from this company on Amazon. When I received the item I noted that the price was listed as $12.95 on the back of the calendar. I paid almost $45.00!! I emailed moonlittree and inquired as to why they charged so much over the listed price. I was informed that the calendar is 'rare'. I then found the same calendar listed on the Border website for $6.95. I returned the calendar to moonlittree....they only refunded $31.00.

I wrote a review of moonlittree on the Amazon website; they in turn made a comment claiming that the calendar was damaged by rain (a claim that was suppose to have been made by me....a huge lie!) I had returned the calendar via priority mail because they wanted it back within 72 hours. The calendar was not damaged. Moonlittree is a sleazy company that steals money from its customers.

Amazon should really be more protective of its customers.

Jasper
South Portland, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2009 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/moonlittree/nationwide/moonlittree-sleazy-companybeware-amazon-nationwide-410793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Buyer ordered out of print collector's item at list price, demanded price adjustment to publisher original print price

AUTHOR: Customer Support - (U.S.A.)

Buyer ordered out of print collector's item at listed price. When item was delivered promptly, few days later buyer demanded price adjustment to publisher's original print date price. We informed on several emails, how out-of-print collector's item has higher cost as listed and sold due to sourcing cost involved to stock such rare item but buyer has option to return it back for refund.

We issued refund for this order. When correct item was sold and delivered on time and then later on item was returned back, there is small restocking fee per posted return policy to cover for return item cost recovery.
Buyer was duly notified about such policy prior to return. This is standard return policy at any online store.