X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Mp3-source.net - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Quezon City Other
  • Mp3-source.net mp3-source.net Internet U.S.A.

mp3-source.net MISLEADING ADS !! $1 IN THEIR AD BUT $40.08 IN MY BILL!! INVALID PAYMENT BUT CHARGED TO MY ACCOUNT !! Internet

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I received an e-mail from advertiser promising that I would get a free cellphone if I signed up for this or that offer. I accessed said page and got to the mp3-source.net website.

I signed up to the lowest rated music membership of $1.24 because I didn't know the type of service they provide. I was also in doubt about music / movie lists hence I subscribed to the lowest type of membership.

The e-mail response from them was: "Your purchase of *Unlimited Music & Movies Downloads* was returned as
Invalid." So I logged out and forgot about the transaction.

My credit card bill just arrived the other day and I was really surprised to find that I had been billed for a whopping $40.08 (!!!) by mp3-source.net. Lucky for me I got to keep the e-mail from the company regarding the invalid payment. However, I wasn't that lucky because although I e-mailed the company right away, they never responded.

Now I'm $40.08 dollars poorer. I have to pay for something that was advertised as something cheaper.

Hope this will serve as a lesson for all...

JR
Quezon City
Philippines
CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it!Make sure theymake the Rip-off Report.. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2006 07:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mp3-sourcenet/internet/mp3-sourcenet-misleading-ads-1-in-their-ad-but-4008-in-my-bill-invalid-payment-bu-204616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair