X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: My Profit Investment Source - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: North Richland Hills Texas
  • My Profit Investment Source cashsecretclub.com Internet U.S.A.

My Profit Investment Source Deceptive, Do not fully disclose recurring charges, Automatically check the accept box, Rude & nasty customer service reps that expect irrate callers telling you it is your own fault & hang up on you when you ask for a supervisor. Internet

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
*NOTICE..!! this ripoff has nothing to do with Google search engine - many rip-off businesses use the Google name to fool consumers.
===========================================

I authorized a charge of $1.95 for information on Google Ads. Since it appeared to promote working for Google, I thought it could be trusted. Wrong. A charge for $81.32 showed up on my account that I didn't authorize & I didn't recognize the name of the company. I called the phone number next to the charge. Asked what company this was & requested the charge be reversed; I hadn't authorized the $81.32. I was rudely told that I did & it was non-refundable; rep said that I checked some box which I didn't. Evidently it was prechecked because I didn't see anything saying it was a trial period & that there would be an additional charge of $81.32. Rep said said since I didn't see it, it was my own fault. Requested to speak to a supervisor & they hung up up on me. They answer the phone 'cancellation dept' & based on their responses are obviously expecting the people calling to be angry about unauthorized charges.

It was supposed to be in conjuction with another program that I was to get in the mail for which I authorized a $1.97 charge. It was also for typing Google ads & was the first part of the program. I was waiting for it to find out what these programs were all about. When I called the first company, they agreed to reverse the $72.21 charge. I will be watching my account closely for that.

Everything is worded to imply you would be typing ads for Google from home. Nothing specific was given, just a general request for information. The $2 apiece for information isn't a problem because I new I was requesting information. I have a problem with them implying you are requesting information & not fully disclosing some kind of trial period along with additional charges for an amount that wasn't displayed. I looked for anything that would give me more information about the programs but there wasn't any. Also, the name on the website didn't match the name that showed up on my account nor where I requested the information which is why I had no idea who the companies were making these charges. Very deceptive, unethical, &, in my opinion, illegal. Bait & switch tactics.

Google is doing themselves & their search engine users a disservice by allowing these companies to use the Google name in their marketing; it creates a lack of trust.

Nrhcats
North Richland Hills, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2009 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/my-profit-investment-source/internet/my-profit-investment-source-deceptive-do-not-fully-disclose-recurring-charges-automatica-455878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair