X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Nationwide Van Lines - Hollywood Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Sullivan Missouri
  • Nationwide Van Lines 5450 S State Rd. 7 Ste #32 Hollywood, Florida U.S.A.

Nationwide Van Lines RIPOFF! BAD SERVICE, DISHONEST, LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE, NOT DOING AS PROMISED! Hollywood Florida

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I hired Nationwide to move and store all of my things. I was moving out of state and did not know when I would be in a new home. They were scheduled to pick up my items on Easter Sunday 2003. I was staying about 2 hours from the pickup and they were to call me when they were a few hours out so that I could meet them. To make a long story short I did not receive a call until about 11:00 PM that night to come meet them.

First of all I am a 27 year old single female. I am not going to drive 2 hours to met two strangers (men) so they can pick up my things in the middle of the night. I told them that this would not work and they were very late already. They said they would be there at 7:00 am the next morning then. They did and they took all my items to their storage.

This company charged $300 a month for storage which is outlandish. I continued to pay their riduclous charges each month for the next 11 months. Then I receive a letter saying that if my things aren't out of their storage in 90 days they will not claim any responsibility for any damaged or lost items.

No where on their contract was there any type of limit to the amount of time your things could be in their facility. I called them and they would not do anything except tell me that was their policy and how it was.

I immediately asked to schedule my thing to be delivered to me and I would just get a local storage site. They said fine that it would take 10-14 business days. I told them this was unacceptable that I needed to plan to take off of work and that I needed to know a date. The man told me he would be there that Saturday which was April 17th at 4:00. He said I would get a confirmation call on Friday April 16th and another call Saturday when their truck was 30 minutes away.

Again neither happened and I took off work for nothing. When I called there was no answer. I received a call back from a representative who proceeded to tell me I must not have understood what their dispatcher said. She said he never told me a date or a time. Well she is wrong. I was given and exact date and time.

I received a call on Saturday May 1st saying they would be there the next day Sunday May 2nd. Again they did not come. They called to say they were delayed and would not be there until Monday May 4rd.

Again I had to reschedule my work to accomodate them. They showed up around 3:00 on Monday and would not even begin to remove my things from their truck until they had full payment. I gave them a certified check and began to inventory my things. When they finished I was missing several items. They did not bring my Queen size matress and box springs. They brought me an old vacuum which was not mine. They also did not being my entire dining set, it was missing a solid wood bench.

Of course they took all of my money but did not bring all of my things. I spend over $7000 in moving/storage expenses with this comany and the service they provided was horrible. I asked for a partial refund for all of the delays and missing items and they told me they couldn't do anything. I had to file a claim for my missing items. THis company should be shut down because they are illegal in their practices accoring to other moving companies. They are too expensive for the horrible service they provide. I am 100% unsatisfied and disgusted that they can get away with doing business like this. WATCH OUT!!

Maggie
Sullivan, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2004 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nationwide-van-lines/hollywood-florida-33314/nationwide-van-lines-ripoff-bad-service-dishonest-lack-of-customer-service-not-doing-a-91935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair