X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: NCO Group - NCO Financial - Horsham Pennsylvania

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Philadelphia Pennsylvania
  • NCO Group - NCO Financial 507 Prudenial Road Horsham, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I use a credit monitoring service to notify me when changes happen to my report with any of the three agencies. I got a notice that an "Authorized Inquiry" from NCO appeared on my Transunion report. When I called Transunion, they gave me NCO's phone number to ask them to write a letter that the inquiry was unauthorized. NCO Financial told me they were a collecton agency, but I had to write them and give them all sorts of information about me to find out what the inquiry was. When you call into NCO Financial, they notify you that they are recording your phone call, so I did the same - when I notified the agent I was speaking with that I was also recording the call she put me on hold, then refused to answer any questions and got mad at me for recording the call. She said she could not talk to me any longer and hung up the phone.

Apparently NCO Finiancial is able to make unauthorized credit inquries without any of the credit reporting agencies batting an eye. What is further troubling is that I did NOT authorize such an inquiry, but I found tons of Rip-Off notices, and an article about a huge penalty NCO had to pay the Federal Trade Commission for breach of the fair credit reporting act. The article is called "NCO Group to Pay Largest FCRA Civil Penalty to Date " Dated May 2004.

Catherine
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2007 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nco-group-nco-financial/horsham-pennsylvania-19044/nco-group-nco-financial-unauthorized-credit-inquires-to-my-account-when-i-called-them-t-263330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
9Consumer
0Employee/Owner

POSTED: Friday, November 07, 2008
Patrick from mesa defends bad business practices he & his other cronie friends are all over rip-off report finding more posters & harassing them & causing more grief.

Patrick has done the samething to me & caused me more grief. But I will not let him & other people ruin my day anymore.

shut up charles

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Anyway
this is one of the worst bottom feeder collection agencies
I have had contact with them - They tried to collect an ER bill from me but low and behold! I work for a Healthcare agency and went to one of our own Emergency rooms
My insurance payed 90% and my company paid 10%
Therefore I owed 0%
Sent them this information and they sent me a nice "sorry our mistake" letter
Just send them a cease communications letter via certified mail with return receipt requested - make copies of all the documents and keep them - They may come in handy when they violate this

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Hi Catherine

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, November 06, 2008
Go to this website www.budhibbs.com

This is a Consumer Advocacy site that specializes in collection agency's like NCO.
NCO is listed as one of the Countries worst in regards to violating FDCPA.

COLLECTION AGENCIES DO NOT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT THIS SITE
Because it exposes all the dirty tricks they use.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

I had a similar experience with NCO and an ER visit

AUTHOR: Uiucstudent - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Thursday, November 06, 2008
I had a similar experience with NCO and an ER visit. It took me 2 years to figure out what happened. The third party biller which covers the doctor's fees of an ER visit NEVER sent me a bill. Therefore, I could not pay a bill I never received, correct?

I contacted the biller (original creditor) and they said there was nothing they could do, AFTER confirming they did indeed, have an entirely INCORRECT address. All the hospital bills were paid. Nope, I had to work it out with NCO and Rubin Schwartz ...I didn't agree.

I disputed it at all three credit bureaus, and so far, NCO (and OSI Collections, who works for them) have been removed from 2 of them. I am waiting to hear on the third.

So, there is hope. I would document everything and not talk about anything over the telephone.

Good luck!

Contact the U.S. Representative for Horsham - Allyson Schwartz

AUTHOR: Tsop - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Sunday, August 19, 2007
Unfortunately, I have had to deal with NCO over an ER visit in FLA over 3 years ago. My insurance completely covered the visit, but the greedy Dr. charged an additional $20.00 for having to come in and give me a shot on a weekend! I assumed that the whole bill was paid by my UPS insurance...wrong. In any case, I tried to contact the U.S. Representative for Horsham, PA to advise her of this nearly criminal enterprise in her District but was advised that she can only respond to constituents of that District. Anyhow, if someone from that area who has had the unfortunate experience of dealing with these legalized leg breakers I would suggest you contact the Congresswoman and clue her in...

The Honorable Allyson Schwartz:

7219 Frankford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19135
phone--215/335-3355
fax--215/333-4508

I love to read complaints agaisnt nco

POSTED: Thursday, July 26, 2007
I, love to read complaints agaisnt nco, nco has done me the same way they think with all there money & hot shot lawyers they think they can abuse us & lie & get away with it they are not afraid with all there money, but if nco keeps paying

in fines & there lawyers high fees they will be out of business soon but they are many collection agencies out there we just need to keep complaining about all of them.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair