X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Newport Holdings Inc. - Fort Worth Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Euless Texas
  • Newport Holdings Inc. PO Box 200636, Arlington, TX 76006 Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Newport Holdings Inc. Buyer Beware Fort Worth, Fort Worth Texas

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I first saw these townhomes (Newport Villas at Trinity) three years ago. I liked the townhomes and the amenities they had; granite counter tops, crown molding, stainless appliances, and called the number listed and made a appointment with the sales person, Jared. After keeping me waiting for three hours I called another number and reached Martin Van Wolfswinkel, the owner. He came out and met with me and was a very slick talker making promises on how great the property was going to be and how he was going to build a great pool and park which would be completed the following year. I gave my deposit and sold my house...big mistake.

Like everyone else I really liked the concept of the property and the amenities. I liked the floor plan especially the third story media room. Construction was slow but it looked like they were doing a good job. Do not expect to see any construction supervisors or any supervision of the building process of any kind. Expect to have some slick talkers (Martin and Jared) who promise this and that and how great you are and how great everything will be but do not deliver because he is out sailing his boat somewhere with his profit instead of taking care of his business.

After closing I started having problems with my townhouse and called Martin and Jared for warranty work. They do not return phone calls. They had a web site with a warranty e-mail which was never answered. It takes constant persistence on getting anything done and takes forever to get any results. Do not expect the job to be done right because they have painters to fix everything but they do not have a clue on how to do anything and typically botch any job they attempt.

The property looks like a slum with trash (especially from workers) and you can not keep your house clean because of the dirt bowl surrounding everything. How hard is it to throw down some grass seed? Maintenance of the property is a joke and most times residents take it upon themselves to keep the place clean. How this guy stays in business amazes me but he always find some sucker like me to buy because of his promises like the pool and park and some lake what was promised.. The only lake I see is when it rains and the pool partially fills up.

This could have been a great place to live because of the location and residents. Being single have having lots of other single people is great. We have block parties and all go out to dinner together which is great. The only thing with brings the property down is the builder. He only cares about making a buck of your hard earned dollar.

Be careful on what you say because he will threaten to sue you because he used to be a lawyer. He is not a very good builder either. Take some classes at Home Depot or something and take some pride in your work...your customers do.

Pissed off owner's neighbor
Euless, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2008 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/newport-holdings-inc/fort-worth-texas-76040/newport-holdings-inc-buyer-beware-fort-worth-fort-worth-texas-297493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair