X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: NHES, National Home Employment Services - Smithshire Illinois

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Crown Point Indiana
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • NHES, National Home Employment Services 961 35th street Smithshire, Illinois U.S.A.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I tried this work at home site. I sent them a check for $29.95, they cashed it for $39.95 and I haven't heard from them since. This was at the beginning of December. I wrote them a letter and mailed it because they won't take emails (nice time to find out)

Now its January and I was going over my bank statment to find out they have cashed the same exact check for $29.95 this time. Right now I am out of $70!!

I found this website which I should of found earlier and did research on this "fake" company.

I want my money back!! I wrote them a letter telling them if they do not refund it, I will definately be getting a lawyer!! I am tempted to take the drive out there with my husband. Its a couple hours away and I know it would cost us gas money, but maybe it will make them think!

Tracy
Crown Point, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2003 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/nhes-national-home-employment-services/smithshire-illinois-61478/nhes-national-home-employment-services-keeps-taking-money-i-never-hear-from-again-rip-42698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#5 Consumer Suggestion

NHES: What to do............

AUTHOR: Shane - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Saturday, March 01, 2003

Ok, guys. YAHOO domains hosts this site. PLEASE write to them at: domains-support@yahoo-inc.com

Tell Yahoo that NHES has been found in violation of numerous state and federal laws. Also, remind them that because of the fraudulent nature of the site it is a violation of YAHOO's Service Terms and according to that the site should be terminated immediately. If not legal action against YAHOO should be forthcoming.

Not banks fault

POSTED: Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Meg, Its done electronically, that is how the (fake) company is getting away with it. It is definately not the banks fault.

Look how many other people its happening to, all banks are faulty? They did cash the checks for those amounts, I have copies of them for proof. I already talked to the bank about it, because it is done electronically it won't be caught, great scheme.

Have you ever overlapped check numbers??
If I was the only one it has happened to, maybe I would think it was the banks fault, but I know its not.

Sounds like a bank error

AUTHOR: Meg - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Tracy,

What you're describing sounds like a bank error. A company can't cash a $29.95 cheque for $39.95 - they cash the cheque for the amount written on it. I suppose they could have altered the cheque, but I'd check my cancelled cheques before making that accusation.

Also, the company can't cash a cheque twice - when you cash a cheque, you surrender it at the bank. You can't resubmit something you don't have anymore.

Sounds to me like your bank made an error - perhaps a data-entry error that explains the first $39.95 deduction, and a corrected deduction of $29.95, but someone failed to reverse the $39.95 deduction. I'd take it up with the bank. If your statement shows the same cheque number twice, with two different amounts deducted, it should be an easy fix - there should be only one deduction for each cheque number.

For the record, NHES is crap, so I'm not trying to defend the company. I just think what you're describing sounds like a bank error that should be pretty easy to take care of - and if that's the case, you shouldn't waste your time trying to deal with NHES about it.

The site is down!! YAY!!

POSTED: Monday, February 17, 2003

I just decided to check their site out, and I found out it isn't there anymore. I don't know what happened, if they changed it or what, but it did make me happy not to see it!

The site is down!! YAY!!

POSTED: Monday, February 17, 2003

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair