X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: No 1 Van Lines - Davie Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Lake Worth Florida
  • No 1 Van Lines 5071 S State Road 7 Davie, Florida U.S.A.

No 1 Van Lines ripoff Davie previously Cooper City Florida

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I hired this company to move a hot tub from Cooper City to Boynton Beach (a little over 40 miles). I was quoted $315 for the service which included travel time and 3 movers for 3 hours (this was fair and in range of the other quotes I had gotten). It was necessary to have AT LEAST 3 people to move this tub as it weighed in excess of 900 lbs. This was throughly discussed in advanced and part of the quote.

When the movers showed up there were only 2. The tub was placed on its side in the truck (not optimal but OK). The tub had been placed on top of cardboard boxes that had gotten soaked from the little bit of water that drained from the pump. Because there were only 2 men they were unable to budge the tub off of the wet cardboard out of the truck on their own. With my assistance, we were able to move the tub out of the truck and get it placed successfully (no damage to speak of).

At this time I was billed $452. Because only 2 men were sent to my move, I was being billed for the extra time and materials needed to complete the move. I guess it was a good thing that I decided to help them, or I might have gotten billed for several more hours. Over half of the extra charges were due to the use of cardboard boxes (wardropes) they needed to scoot the tub around (obviously 2 men are not going to be able to lift 900 lbs). And it turns out (according to the bill) that the difference between 2 or 3 men is only $5 an hour (no savings there - hell, I should have asked for 4 or 5 men at that rate).

Anyway, I called them to voice my disapointment at getting charged by 45% over the original quote and have basically gotten no responce. I guess I should send them my bill for the labor (and I charge a LOT more than $5 and hour).

James
Lake Worth, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2006 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/no-1-van-lines/davie-florida-33314/no-1-van-lines-ripoff-davie-previously-cooper-city-florida-185061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair