Complaint Review: Norman David Lincoln Mercury - Westbrook Maine
- Norman David Lincoln Mercury 140 Larrabee Road Westbrook, Maine U.S.A.
- Phone: 207-8566715
- Category: Auto Dealers
Norman David Lincoln Mercury Mistreated and ripped off. Westbrook Maine
*Author of original report: Correction to my Original report
*Consumer Comment: Sounds like your car has been in a major crash
*Author of original report: New problems from the Lemon Norman David sold me
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. The right foglight is hanging off the bumper right before I am to drive it off the lot. I notice it and they take it in for repair before I leave the lot. (That right there should have been and Oman not to purchase it!)
2. Transmission light comes on right after I leave the lot the first day. When this happens, the transmission automatically shifts into 3rd gear. You have to floor the pedal to get it to go from a stoplight. You can fix this problem by quick shifting into neutral at a stop, shutting the car off and then turning it back on. The transmission light will go off and you will be able to drive normal for at least another 15-20 minutes until the light comes back on.
3. The infamous Check Engine light stays on at all times. The dealer doesnt seem to know why even though the car has been back to the dealer so many times I cant even count. An employee of Midas told me I would not be able to get my car past Maine inspection because of this. So after July, I cannot drive the car anymore! Ill be paying a car payment on a car I cannot drive!!!
4. First day home, I checked the oil level. It was 2 quarts low. Youd think a dealership would have made sure the car was current on all fluid levels!
5. The next day the car dies in my driveway. It ends up needing a jump from a family member. Interesting eh?
6. The car is sold to me without a remote transmitter so I cannot turn off the alarm when it sounds. The alarm wrecked havoc waking my neighbors up late at night. Of course, I couldnt turn it off because again, they didnt give me a remote to turn it off. Several months later, they decide to give me one after my complaints about waking up the neighbors late at night.
7. The car has a burning oil smell coming from the heater. The fumes of this smell coming from the heater intoxicate us so we keep the heater off. It is fixed by replacing the valve cover gaskets.
8. Brakes are completely worn and were looked at by Midas. They find another oil leak in the rear axle. Car was taken back to the dealership again to get the rear gasket replaced, new front brakes and sensors.
9. Car is overheating and leaking coolant. The car is taken back up for repair and overheats in the parking lot of the dealer. Smoke and fluid everywhere. (keep in mind the same computer problems regarding the transmission and check engine lights are also being looked again and again every time the car is taken back up)
10. The fuses blow when you turn on more than one heated seat at the same time.
11. While driving to New Hampshire, it was raining. I turned on the windshield wipers and proceeded to clean my windshield with the spray. While doing this I lost all oil pressure, battery voltage and every light on the dashboard came on.
12. Two new lights come on with the infamous transmission and check engine lights now. They are the ABS (anti-locking braking system) and Traction Control lights now. Keep in mind, when these lights are on, all these systems are rendered useless.
13. The leveling light flashes every so often. I read the manual and it states the car needs to be serviced immediately and not run until its fixed. Do you think the dealership can fix it? HA!
14. Rear suspension malfunctions. The cars rear-end is raised two feet into the air giving the impression my car is jacked-up in the back. It was taken in and they replaced a corroded wire fixing the problem.
15. After 7 months of trusting the dealership to fix the original problem and new problems I plead with them to give me a car, any car that will not give me anymore problems. I go up and look at one from which is 3500 less than the lemon I originally purchased stating I would take that one and suffer the loss at my expense to be nice. What is their response? You got it, big fat NO! They told me they would give me 5,000 for the lemon they sold me. I paid over twice that. That means this car has depreciated 1,000 dollars a month since I drove it off the lot. Now do you think I should have to settle with that? Either does my lawyer.
So please, save your sanity and DO-NOT purchase your next vehicle from this dealership. You will be creating more strife in your life than you bargained for.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2003 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/norman-david-lincoln-mercury/westbrook-maine-04092/norman-david-lincoln-mercury-mistreated-and-ripped-off-westbrook-maine-43876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.