X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Northern Leasing Systems, Inc - New York New York

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Angie — Williamson Georgia United States of America
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Northern Leasing Systems, Inc 132 west 31street 14th floor, New York, NY 10001 New York, New York United States of America

Northern Leasing Systems, Inc Neil Scott - Northern Leasing Systems Inc Northern Leasing Systems tricked me into a 48 months Lease, returned the equipment and want me to pay for the whole amount!!! Scam from New York!! New York, New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Northern Can Be Beaten

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I opened a store in Oct 2010 and requested credit card machine services to Gus Roman (transfirst). He told me that I could transfered or cancel the lease in the case that I sell the business or go out of business.
A few months later I had to sell the business for just inventory because I was about to go out of business and lose it all.
The new owners didn't want Northern Leasing Systems, because they said that what they charge was outrageous and that they had their own service. I canceled with Transfirst (which went well) but NEIL SCOTT FROM NORTHERN LEASING SYSTEMS, INC is harrasing me with letters, phone calls for the last 9 months. The last letter states that I have to pay the amount of $1436 plus fees and taxes or he will report me to the Credit Bureau. I have also received letters saying that they will go to legal procedures. I am currently unemployed and have no money to buy food sometimes and I cannot afford to pay this.

Northern Leasing Systems trick people into signing a 4 year lease that at the end you end up paying an outrageous amount of money, plus they debit your account when ever they want.
They have one case pending (#101059/04) in the Supreme court of the State of New York. This company should not be allowed to conduct business.

I do not know what to do, so please somebody help me with this situation.
These people take advantage of innocent people that do not know about these things.
They have a lease of like 6 pages that you cannot even understand what it says.
It looks like some crook attorney prepared it.
I HONESTLY NEED ASSISTANCE IN THIS MATTER. THANK YOU.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2012 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/northern-leasing-systems-inc/new-york-new-york-10001/northern-leasing-systems-inc-neil-scott-northern-leasing-systems-inc-northern-leasing-s-819070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Northern Can Be Beaten

AUTHOR: Beat Northern Leasing - (United States of America)

POSTED: Friday, October 05, 2012

You need to surf the internet. World Law Direct has a database of lawyers who fight NL. Even if they've gotten a judgment, the fight is not over.

Equipment leases can be abusive

AUTHOR: LA Marketing Genius - (United States of America)

POSTED: Friday, October 05, 2012

Many card processing companies really make their profit on equipment leases.  We are a merchant advocate and we put
merchants in a place where no slimy processor can ever take advantage of them.  In 15 minutes or less I can teach
you the fundamentals that you need to know on how to manage your credit card processing and put all the confusing rates on an apples to-apples basis for true cost comparison. I also give you my word that I will not try to sell you anything.  Please call me and  I guarantee that you will learn things that no one else has been willing to tell you.  Thanks!
Sincerely, Dave  310-409-3600.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Northern Leasing can be fought

AUTHOR: Beat Northern Leasing - (United States of America)

POSTED: Tuesday, October 02, 2012

There is a range of steps to take in fighting NL and its cronies. It is a legal battle and it calls for an attorney. Yes, attorneys are expensive. The key is to beat  NL at its own game. I can help you.

The NL game assumes that victims will not invoke their legal rights. Moreover, if you do invoke those rights, NL will likely file suit. However, NL is not in business to chase debtors. NL relies on the victims not fighting, which results in a default judgment, which they then enforce.

If NL can take a default judgment, they will. When they encounter resistance, they make a calculated decision. If the defense attorney serves them with discovery demands that will cost more to answer than the case is worth, then the case simply dies. They're not going to spend $5000 in attorney fees to collect $2000.

I handle these cases for as little as $950.00. 516-242-1453

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Assistance with your issue

AUTHOR: standup86 - (United States of America)

POSTED: Friday, January 06, 2012

I am a prior consumer of Northern Leasing Inc. and have had issues trying to cancel even though my equipment has been returned since 11/31/11. The company insists that I have to make one more final payment (in addition to the "final" payment they stated they already took from me). This amt has now doubled. I have been working with The BBB to attempt to resolve the issue and it is helpful so you don't end up just arguing with the company. Give it  shot, I have been battling this since 10/31/11 but intend on filing my complaint on here along with resolving my issue with Northern Leasing. Best of luck to you and and a resolution.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair